"Sven Bretfeld" writes: > Is there any complete and secure import and export filter from org files > to any other PIM format used on PDAs or mobiles? If not, this would seem to > me the most important feature to be developed. > > If you are like me -- and I think most people on this list are -- your > whole life is organized with the help of org-mode. It's crucial to have > a mobile PIM device coping with the information of an org file. Since > Emacs on a mobile device is always problematic (I tried Asus Eee [too > large, start-up too slow], Openmoko [too small qwerty-keyboards, too > slow, battery life-time too short]), one has to resort to import and > export filters, at least I think so. > > How do you people handle that problem? I currently just carry around note cards (Hipster PDA) and an MP3 player with voice recorder (Sansa Fuze) for portable capture and am close enough to my computer (either laptop or workstation) often enough that the rest doesn't matter too much. I've looked at various portable Emacs solutions, though; a couple things that I've thought looked viable were the Nokia N810 and the Zippit Z2 with alternate OS. I haven't actually tried either of these, merely poked around a lot online and then decided to stick with my note cards for now. - Michael -- mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type. Confused by the strange files? I cryptographically sign my messages. For more information see .