* Sorting org-mode Outlines with xemacs
@ 2009-04-23 15:00 Hendrik Radke
From: Hendrik Radke @ 2009-04-23 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

first, thank you for this wonderful program that helps me organize my day.

I am using XEmacs 21.4.21 on a Debian Lenny system, together with
Org-Mode version 6.25d, which works quite well.

However, while trying to sort a list by priority, I encountered an
error: "Wrong type argument: stringp, ?B"

This error stems from org.el, function "org-sort-entries-or-items", in
line 6136. Obviously, it tries to convert a string to a char, but the
argument is already a character, so it fails with type mismatch.

Remedy: I substituted the line
(string-to-char (match-string 2))
with
(match-string 2)
, which fixed the mentioned error.

regards,
Hendrik Radke

* Re: Sorting org-mode Outlines with xemacs
@ 2009-04-27 17:31 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-04-27 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Hendrik Radke" <Hendrik.Radke@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> writes:

> Hello,
>
> first, thank you for this wonderful program that helps me organize my day.
>
> I am using XEmacs 21.4.21 on a Debian Lenny system, together with
> Org-Mode version 6.25d, which works quite well.

Hi,

I think there was a recent announcement on the org-mode list that emacs
21 is no longer supported?  Isn't emacs 22 available for lenny?
Upgrading your emacs would probably be beneficial in other ways as
well.  Just a thought.

eric

* Re: Re: Sorting org-mode Outlines with xemacs
@ 2009-04-27 21:16   ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-04-27 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I think there was a recent announcement on the org-mode list that emacs
> 21 is no longer supported?  Isn't emacs 22 available for lenny?
> Upgrading your emacs would probably be beneficial in other ways as
> well.  Just a thought.

Yes, it's available in various flavours:

emacs22 - The GNU Emacs editor
emacs22-gtk - The GNU Emacs editor (with GTK user interface)
emacs22-nox - The GNU Emacs editor (without X support)

Ian.

* Re: Re: Sorting org-mode Outlines with xemacs
@ 2009-04-27 22:02     ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2009-04-27 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lists; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ian Barton wrote:

>emacs22 - The GNU Emacs editor
>emacs22-gtk - The GNU Emacs editor (with GTK user interface)
>emacs22-nox - The GNU Emacs editor (without X support)

At the risk of adding further noise, the original poster discussed
XEmacs21 (www.xemacs.org) not emacs21.

* Re: Sorting org-mode Outlines with xemacs
@ 2009-04-30 14:02 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-04-30 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Radke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Fixed, thanks.

- Carsten

From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-04-30 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

XEmacs 21 is still supported.

- Carsten

@ 2009-05-07  8:48     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-05-07  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> XEmacs 21 is still supported.

Yes, apologies for mis-information: I missed the "X" in XEmacs in the
OP's question.