* Screenshots section in Worg
@ 2009-06-10  0:16 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-06-10  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Org deserves a better screenshots page than this one:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-screenshots.php

Please send me your best screenshots of Org in action and I
will populate this page with decent visual geeky lust.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Screenshots section in Worg
@ 2009-06-10 11:20 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-06-10 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:
> Org deserves a better screenshots page than this one:
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-screenshots.php
>
> Please send me your best screenshots of Org in action and I
> will populate this page with decent visual geeky lust.

I feel there's a need of a seperate screenshot/video/screencast
section. I've made a little screencast for org-protocol (the one I sent
to you and Carsten the other day, pimped up with comments), but I
hesitate to add 1 MB or even bigger binary files to the Worg repo.

Maybe a seperate repo published to a certain `mountpoint' beneeth
orgmode.org/Worg/ would be a good thing to have?

Best

   Sebastian

* Re: Screenshots section in Worg
@ 2009-06-10 12:41   ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-06-10 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

> I feel there's a need of a seperate screenshot/video/screencast
> section. I've made a little screencast for org-protocol (the one I sent
> to you and Carsten the other day, pimped up with comments), but I
> hesitate to add 1 MB or even bigger binary files to the Worg repo.
>

> Maybe a seperate repo published to a certain `mountpoint' beneeth
> orgmode.org/Worg/ would be a good thing to have?

Why not create an rss feed for the screencasts, then people can
subscribe to them in iTunes, or another computer/media player. It's easy
to set up and if you subscribe to the feed you automatically get new
screencasts when they are uploaded.

Ian.

* Re: Screenshots section in Worg
@ 2009-06-10 17:25   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-06-10 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> writes:

> I feel there's a need of a seperate screenshot/video/screencast
> section. I've made a little screencast for org-protocol (the one I sent
> to you and Carsten the other day, pimped up with comments), but I
> hesitate to add 1 MB or even bigger binary files to the Worg repo.

Yes, please everyone avoid putting pictures directly in the Worg repo,
better let them live somewhere on the web and link to them from Worg.
Otherwise the Worg repo will grow bloated.

> Maybe a seperate repo published to a certain `mountpoint' beneeth
> orgmode.org/Worg/ would be a good thing to have?

I'm not sure we need a repo for this.  If someone don't have a web
space his pictures/videos, please just send them and I will put them
on the website under http://orgmode.org/img/

HTH

--

@ 2009-06-10 17:31     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-06-10 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lists; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org> writes:

> Why not create an rss feed for the screencasts, then people can
> subscribe to them in iTunes, or another computer/media player. It's easy
> to set up and if you subscribe to the feed you automatically get new
> screencasts when they are uploaded.

I'm using Vimeo for videos and I'm quite happy with this service.
I just created a channel on Vimeo that we can use to share screencasts:

  http://vimeo.com/channels/47052

People can subscribe to this channel, or podcast it using iTunes or
other similar tools.

(This channel is empty right now but I need to do some edits on my
own screencasts before uploading them...)

--
 Bastien