* Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 10:56 Bastien
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-24 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

the results of the SCCA 2009 have been announced and the winner in our
category is portableapps.com, a platform to carry computer programs on
a USB key.

Org-mode didn't win but it was really great to participate and to have
all these nice contributions from so many people!

A big thanks to all of you.

Let's keep making Org a tool which changes the way _we_ do everything :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 10:59 ` Greg Newman
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Greg Newman @ 2009-07-24 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

That's not great news but in my book, org won.  Thanks for the update
Bastien.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the results of the SCCA 2009 have been announced and the winner in our
> category is portableapps.com, a platform to carry computer programs on
> a USB key.
>
> Org-mode didn't win but it was really great to participate and to have
> all these nice contributions from so many people!
>
> A big thanks to all of you.
>
> Let's keep making Org a tool which changes the way _we_ do everything :)
>
> --
>  Bastien

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 11:03 ` jemarch
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: jemarch @ 2009-07-24 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

   the results of the SCCA 2009 have been announced and the winner in our
   category is portableapps.com, a platform to carry computer programs on
   a USB key.

Blah :P

--
Jose E. Marchesi    jemarch@gnu.org
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 11:37 ` Manish
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Manish @ 2009-07-24 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Bastien wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the results of the SCCA 2009 have been announced and the winner in our
> category is portableapps.com, a platform to carry computer programs on
> a USB key.
>
> Org-mode didn't win but it was really great to participate and to have
> all these nice contributions from so many people!
>
> A big thanks to all of you.

I regularly use both PortableApps.com and Org-mode extensively. IMHO, we lost
to a worthy opponent.

> Let's keep making Org a tool which changes the way _we_ do everything :)

Yeah.  My sincere thanks to Carsten, you and all the contributors.

Best regards
--
Manish

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 14:57   ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2009-07-24 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Maybe we should make a portable org-mode! ;]

@ 2009-07-24 15:07     ` Chris Willard
From: Chris Willard @ 2009-07-24 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Russell Adams wrote:

> Maybe we should make a portable org-mode! ;]
[snip (50 lines)]

All ready using it on my USB stick!

TTFN

Chris.

--
"May I say you look beautiful this morning." Neelix

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 15:32       ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-07-24 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Willard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Chris Willard <cw-orgmode@meliser.co.uk> writes:

> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Russell Adams wrote:
>
>> Maybe we should make a portable org-mode! ;]
> [snip (50 lines)]
>
> All ready using it on my USB stick!
>
> TTFN

Yes, that's the irony here: if you exclude webapps (which aren't nearly
as capable), emacs + org-mode is one of the most portable PIMs available
right now. I.e., it will run on any platform, on a usb stick, via ssh,
etc.

Thanks again to Carsten, Bastien, and everyone for org-mode!

- Matt

* Re: Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 15:54         ` Raffi R
From: Raffi R @ 2009-07-24 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Org-mode has virtually replaced a large number of Emacs modes for me.
I haven't even figured out how to communicate to Emacs users and
non-users alike how much it has changed my workflow. Every day it
seems I discover some new feature, or try to hack something on that's
already there.

Thank you Carsten, Bastien, and everyone, especially the community,
for such a useful tool!

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Matthew Lundin<mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
> Chris Willard <cw-orgmode@meliser.co.uk> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Russell Adams wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe we should make a portable org-mode! ;]
>> [snip (50 lines)]
>>
>> All ready using it on my USB stick!
>>
>> TTFN
>
> Yes, that's the irony here: if you exclude webapps (which aren't nearly
> as capable), emacs + org-mode is one of the most portable PIMs available
> right now. I.e., it will run on any platform, on a usb stick, via ssh,
> etc.
>
> Thanks again to Carsten, Bastien, and everyone for org-mode!
>
> - Matt

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-07-24 17:19 ` User
From: User @ 2009-07-24 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastienguerry <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> Org-mode didn't win but it was really great to participate and to have
> all these nice contributions from so many people!

No wonder it didn't win. Non-emacs users have few incentive to
try it, since they think emacs is bad looking and primitve in
general, so they are looking for something more flashy instead
and do not even try it.

On the other hand org-mode needs some marketing in the emacs
community as well. I'm a longtime emacs user and heard about org
mode before, but I thought it was something overly complex and
looked for simpler solutions. Then I tried it one day and was
blown away by how mature it was and how well written the
documentation was.

So it's a natural fit for an emacs user, but obviously alien for
people how don't use emacs and don't know the Emacs Way of doing
things.

* Re: Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 17:43   ` Raffi R
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Raffi R @ 2009-07-24 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: User; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

That's an interesting point. I started using org-mode randomly,
because I was writing an outline and didn't care for outline-mode and
figured org-mode should be compatible. After I'd used it for a couple
outlines, I found it could export to HTML. And LaTeX. And worked as a
day planner...

In terms of marketing within the Emacs community, it might be worth
advertising it as an outline-mode replacement. Has anyone written a
simple tutorial explaining how to use org-mode just in this way, and
then providing a link to, say, the manual/Worg at the end? Most of the
tutorials I've seen have been focused on org's time-management
capabilities. But the ability to type up an outline, manage that
outline, expand it into a document, and export it separately as a
Beamer presentation with notes, a PDF, and a webpage are "killer app"
functionality in their own right!

@ 2009-07-24 18:03   ` Gabi Danon
From: Gabi Danon @ 2009-07-24 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Until about a month ago, I was a non-emacs user; and indeed, I thought
it's bad looking and, in some respects, primitive. The reason I started
using it anyway is org-mode: I wanted a decent outliner, and none of
the others I tried fit my way of working. So I gave it a try despite
the way it looks.

Now I use emacs+org-mode for outlining, planning, taking notes,
drafting papers, and almost anything else that has to do with text. As
far as I'm concerned, org-mode is no longer just 'likely to change' the
way I do everything.

Gabi

@ 2009-07-24 18:22     ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-07-24 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raffi R; +Cc: User, emacs-orgmode

Raffi R <raffir@gmail.com> writes:

> That's an interesting point. I started using org-mode randomly,
> because I was writing an outline and didn't care for outline-mode and
> figured org-mode should be compatible. After I'd used it for a couple
> outlines, I found it could export to HTML. And LaTeX. And worked as a
> day planner...
>
> In terms of marketing within the Emacs community, it might be worth
> advertising it as an outline-mode replacement. Has anyone written a
> simple tutorial explaining how to use org-mode just in this way, and
> then providing a link to, say, the manual/Worg at the end? Most of the
> tutorials I've seen have been focused on org's time-management
> capabilities. But the ability to type up an outline, manage that
> outline, expand it into a document, and export it separately as a
> Beamer presentation with notes, a PDF, and a webpage are "killer app"
> functionality in their own right!

This is a very helpful discussion. I'm currently working on a tutorial
and screencast that highlights the outlining/publishing features of
org-mode that work without any customization ("org-mode out of the box,"
so to speak). I'll try to get it online as soon as I can.

I think GTD-fatigue is one of the major reasons that people might not be
aware of just how powerful and versatile org-mode is. My highly
unscientific conclusion is that many people think of it as one more
GTD/day-planner/time-management application, when, in fact, it could can
as a fully functional outliner, plain-text database, "word processor,"
spreadsheet, etc.

As evidence in support of your point, here's an article on "5 Linux
Outliners" from Linux.com (Oct. 2008) that only mentions Emacs outliner
in passing ("very basic," it says). Org-mode is conspicuous in its
absence:

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/149401

Best,

@ 2009-07-24 19:13     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-07-24 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raffi R; +Cc: User, emacs-orgmode

At Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:43:04 -0400, Raffi R wrote:

> That's an interesting point. I started using org-mode randomly,
> because I was writing an outline and didn't care for outline-mode and
> figured org-mode should be compatible. After I'd used it for a couple
> outlines, I found it could export to HTML. And LaTeX. And worked as a
> day planner...
>
> In terms of marketing within the Emacs community, it might be worth
> advertising it as an outline-mode replacement. Has anyone written a
> simple tutorial explaining how to use org-mode just in this way, and
> then providing a link to, say, the manual/Worg at the end? Most of the

I am a very long time emacs user (~25 years) (mind you, I'm an even
longer vi user... ;-) but even I didn't start using org-mode until
recently (last year).  I did try it a couple of years ago but wasn't
impressed for some reason.  In the meantime, I started using planner,
muse and todo.  I'd used outline-mode for quite a while.  Anyway, I
subsequently ran across Carsten's google tech talk and I decided to
try org-mode again.  What a difference!  I think having used all these
disparate tools, each with their own way of working, and then finding
that org-mode essentially handled all of them in a consistent manner
was a huge selling point.

Essentially, what I'm saying is that Carsten's tech talk is one key
advertising element we should ensure stays prominent wherever possible!

eric

* Re: Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 21:20     ` Cian OConnor
From: Cian OConnor @ 2009-07-24 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabi Danon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Gabi Danon <gabidanon@gmail.com> writes:

Org-mode is the killer app for emacs, surely? It is the reason I'm using
Emacs again after a five year gap - and not just org-mode, but BBDB and
GNUS as well.

One of the things that I find astonishing is that it does so many
disparate things so well. For planning and organising there is nothing
to match its flexibility AND its power; yet it doesn't force any
particular method of organising on you. They all work, and you can be as
sloppy as you like.

As an outliner...well it is THE outliner as far as I'm concerned. For
years I've been searching for the perfect writing tool. I found it.

Cian

@ 2009-07-24 22:21     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-24 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raffi R; +Cc: User, emacs-orgmode

Raffi R <raffir@gmail.com> writes:

> In terms of marketing within the Emacs community, it might be worth
> advertising it as an outline-mode replacement. Has anyone written a
> simple tutorial explaining how to use org-mode just in this way, and
> then providing a link to, say, the manual/Worg at the end?

I am working on a simple Worg page which will describe what are the
benefits of org-mode over outline-mode as a major-mode for the Emacs
files like etc/TODO and admin/FOR-RELEASE.

I hope this will be good enough to convince Emacs developers.
If so, it will certainly give more exposure to org-mode.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 22:24       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-24 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: User, emacs-orgmode

Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/149401

Well, I guess the writer had a small bias toward Vim against Emacs and
for sure he wasn't aware of Org-mode :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 22:25       ` Greg Newman
From: Greg Newman @ 2009-07-24 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: User, emacs-orgmode

Bastien,Might I suggest taking it a little further and maybe put a matrix.
 Include apps outside of org like OmniFocus, Things, Remember the milk, etc.
 Might get some non-emacs users to look at it.

*Greg Newman*

http://20seven.org

twitter: 20seven

@ 2009-07-24 22:40         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-24 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Newman; +Cc: User, emacs-orgmode

Greg Newman <greg@20seven.org> writes:

> Might I suggest taking it a little further and maybe put a matrix.  Include
> apps outside of org like OmniFocus, Things, Remember the milk, etc.  Might get
> some non-emacs users to look at it.

Good idea!  I've just created a page for this on Worg:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/gtd-software-comparison.php

But I was talking about something different.  The page I had in mind is
just about why we should org-mode in some Emacs files like etc/TODO.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 22:51           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-24 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:

> Greg Newman <greg@20seven.org> writes:
>
>> Might I suggest taking it a little further and maybe put a matrix.  Include
>> apps outside of org like OmniFocus, Things, Remember the milk, etc.  Might get
>> some non-emacs users to look at it.
>
> Good idea!  I've just created a page for this on Worg:
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/gtd-software-comparison.php

Oops...  I forgot to add flashy DIY affordances:

  *PlEaSe CoNtRiBuTe To ThE WoRg FiLe AbOVe!*

:)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-24 22:54           ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-07-24 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, User

At Sat, 25 Jul 2009 00:40:08 +0200,
Bastien wrote:

[...]

> But I was talking about something different.  The page I had in mind is
> just about why we should org-mode in some Emacs files like etc/TODO.

Further on what can sell org-mode, having pondered why I started using
org-mode in earnest once I had my interest in it piqued by Carsten's
video, I realised that it was org-remember!  Being able to
effortlessly file away notes, with minimal interruption to the task at
hand, and knowing that I would be able to find these notes easily and
quickly again, was a key attraction in my continued use of org-mode.

eric

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-07-27 12:28 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-07-27 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> the results of the SCCA 2009 have been announced and the winner in our
> category is portableapps.com, a platform to carry computer programs on
> a USB key.
>
> Org-mode didn't win but it was really great to participate and to have
> all these nice contributions from so many people!
>
> A big thanks to all of you.
>
> Let's keep making Org a tool which changes the way _we_ do everything :)

Well, being one of the last 144 projects out of 43500 is a victory!

There were thousands of applictions that didn't make it into the last
round.

:)

   Sebastian

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-27 14:04   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-07-27 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:

> Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the results of the SCCA 2009 have been announced and the winner in our
> > category is portableapps.com, a platform to carry computer programs on
> > a USB key.
> >
> > Org-mode didn't win but it was really great to participate and to have
> > all these nice contributions from so many people!
> >
> > A big thanks to all of you.
> >
> > Let's keep making Org a tool which changes the way _we_ do everything :)
>

> Well, being one of the last 144 projects out of 43500 is a victory!
>
> There were thousands of applictions that didn't make it into the last
> round.

Indeed. BTW, I was curious to see what PortableApps did/looked like, and
(since I couldn't find an installation package for Linux) I downloaded
the sources and looked at them: this thing seems to be Windoze only
(maybe Mac too?) - is that true or did I overlook something?

Thanks,
Nick

PS. And if so, shouldn't the FTC come after them for false advertising?
PortableApps indeed :-)

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-27 15:57     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-27 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Indeed. BTW, I was curious to see what PortableApps did/looked like, and
> (since I couldn't find an installation package for Linux) I downloaded
> the sources and looked at them: this thing seems to be Windoze only
> (maybe Mac too?) - is that true or did I overlook something?

To me that's true - I was a bit surprised too.

Mmhh...  maybe the Windows user-base is bigger than the Emacs user-base?

> PS. And if so, shouldn't the FTC come after them for false advertising?
> PortableApps indeed :-)

:)

--

@ 2009-07-27 23:20       ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2009-07-27 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:

> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>
>> Indeed. BTW, I was curious to see what PortableApps did/looked like, and
>> (since I couldn't find an installation package for Linux) I downloaded
>> the sources and looked at them: this thing seems to be Windoze only
>> (maybe Mac too?) - is that true or did I overlook something?
>
> To me that's true - I was a bit surprised too.
>
> Mmhh...  maybe the Windows user-base is bigger than the Emacs user-base?
>
>> PS. And if so, shouldn't the FTC come after them for false advertising?
>> PortableApps indeed :-)
>
> :)

Come on chaps, you can run Windows under Vmware or VirtualBox you know!

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-28 15:34       ` Raffi R
From: Raffi R @ 2009-07-28 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>

> Mmhh...  maybe the Windows user-base is bigger than the Emacs user-base?

Well, it seems clear that org-mode needs virtualization functionality
so that everyone running PortableApps will already be using orgmode
anyways.

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-07-29 14:48         ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-07-29 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Richard Riley wrote:
> Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>>
>>> Indeed. BTW, I was curious to see what PortableApps did/looked like, and
>>> (since I couldn't find an installation package for Linux) I downloaded
>>> the sources and looked at them: this thing seems to be Windoze only
>>> (maybe Mac too?) - is that true or did I overlook something?
>> To me that's true - I was a bit surprised too.
>>
>> Mmhh...  maybe the Windows user-base is bigger than the Emacs user-base?
>>
>>> PS. And if so, shouldn't the FTC come after them for false advertising?
>>> PortableApps indeed :-)
>> :)
>
> Come on chaps, you can run Windows under Vmware or VirtualBox you know!

Portable Apps runs fine under wine. I have a copy on my usb stick in
case I go somewhere that only has Windows available. Since I don't have
a Windows computer at home I test it under wine.

Of course I also have the Windows port of Emacs, so I can still run org,
even if I am forced to use Windows:)

Ian.

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-08-04  6:07 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-04  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 24, 2009, at 12:56 PM, Bastien wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the results of the SCCA 2009 have been announced and the winner in our
> category is portableapps.com, a platform to carry computer programs on
> a USB key.
>
> Org-mode didn't win but it was really great to participate and to have
> all these nice contributions from so many people!
>
> A big thanks to all of you.
>
> Let's keep making Org a tool which changes the way _we_ do
> everything :)

Well, at least it was not a close call :-)

    http://sourceforge.net/community/cca09/winners/

shows that we came in 9th of the 10 contenders.

I had a lot of fun with this, thanks to you all for voting and
contributing.

- Carsten

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-08-05  0:25   ` srandby
From: srandby @ 2009-08-05  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Well, at least it was not a close call :-)
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/community/cca09/winners/
>
> shows that we came in 9th of the 10 contenders.

It looks to me that org-mode received around 873 votes which is pretty
good in my book. PortableApps.com, a heavily advertised commercial
product for Windows, could only muster 3880 votes. I am guessing that
the percentage of PortableApps.com users who voted for it is much
smaller than the percentage of org-mode users who voted for org-mode.

The PortableApps.com website claims that 100 million portable apps have
been downloaded which must mean that the number of users of
PortableApps.com is huge compared to the number of users of org-mode.
With no advertising, no money, and a much smaller user base, org-mode
outperformed PortableApps.com in the voting. Sounds like a victory to me.

Scott Randby

* Re: Results of the SourceForge Community Award
@ 2009-08-05  1:56     ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2009-08-05  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Well, at least it was not a close call :-)
>>
>>    http://sourceforge.net/community/cca09/winners/
>>
>> shows that we came in 9th of the 10 contenders.
>
>It looks to me that org-mode received around 873 votes which is pretty
>good in my book. PortableApps.com, a heavily advertised commercial
>product for Windows, could only muster 3880 votes. I am guessing that
>the percentage of PortableApps.com users who voted for it is much
>smaller than the percentage of org-mode users who voted for org-mode.
>
>The PortableApps.com website claims that 100 million portable apps have
>been downloaded which must mean that the number of users of
>PortableApps.com is huge compared to the number of users of org-mode.
>With no advertising, no money, and a much smaller user base, org-mode
>outperformed PortableApps.com in the voting. Sounds like a victory to me.

I just have to agree with that...
redefine the vote rule to be scientifically correct it should be

impact = votes/user-base

this gives a similar value like the impact factor of scientific journals
(published papers / overall citation of papers)  which more clearly depict the
importance of the journal to its particular field.

I guess with that org-mode might be the winner :)

Even if we just use the number of downloads I would say the number of
downloads for org-mode is at least  two to three magnitudes smaller then
PortableApps which makes org-mode (8.7e-4) has a 22.5 times higher impact then
PortableApps (3.88e-5).

By the way is the number of org-mode users known somehow (and how to estimate
it in future bundled with emacs23) ? Would be interesting to see how much
people use org-mode

Nevertheless, even without this it was amazing to see that org-mode made it so
far.

Bye
Totti

CC. Maybe someone should suggest this new rule set to sourceforge... and then
lets see how 2010 is going on :)