* proposal: a community org code git repo
@ 2009-10-07 18:11 Dan Davison
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Dan Davison @ 2009-10-07 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: emacs org-mode mailing list
I'd like to suggest that the we create an online git repo, that mirrors
the main org repo, for anyone to work on org extensions and fixes, using
one of the online git hosting services (e.g. github, repo.or.cz). I
think this would have quite a few advantages, e.g.
- It would be fun to be able to see what new org projects are in the
pipeline, and their state.
- Any org users could easily pull work-in-progress projects and help
with testing and feedback
- It could lead to collaborations on projects that wouldn't otherwise
have happened, and help prevent duplication of effort
- The process of merging branches from there into contrib/ or org core
would hopefully be convenient and become well-worn.
- It might be educational for less experienced programmers to see how
others go about doing things with org code.
Does anyone else think this is a good idea? Would you be prepared to
help get it started?
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-10-07 18:12 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-10-07 18:11 proposal: a community org code git repo Dan Davison
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).