* [BUG]? org-agenda-filter-by-tag
@ 2010-12-10 15:40 Maximilian Matthé
From: Maximilian Matthé @ 2010-12-10 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'm using current version of org-mode (just pulled). I want to filter my
agenda view (C-c a a) by a Tag. I want the agenda to only show items
that have the tag :pruef: set.

So I open the agenda (C-c a a) and type / to filter. The minibuffer
says: Filter by tag [ ], [TAB], and so on.

Typing Space hides all items that have a tag set. Typing TAB lets me
type sth. in the minibuffer. But with no tab-completion (tab just
inserts a tab) and pressing Return inserts a newline. C-g gives "Quit"
but the minibuffer stays active. The only solution to get out the
minibuffer is to press ESC ESC ESC.

I think this is not the right behavior. So, how can I filter the agenda
view for a specified tag?

Regards, Max

* Re: [BUG]? org-agenda-filter-by-tag
@ 2010-12-10 17:47 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-12-10 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maximilian Matthé; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Max,

That is definitely _not_ the behaviour I get.

Maxi.Matthe@googlemail.com (Maximilian Matthé) writes:

> I'm using current version of org-mode (just pulled). I want to filter my
> agenda view (C-c a a) by a Tag. I want the agenda to only show items
> that have the tag :pruef: set.
>
> So I open the agenda (C-c a a) and type / to filter. The minibuffer
> says: Filter by tag [ ], [TAB], and so on.

Everything is okay up to here...

> Typing Space hides all items that have a tag set.

It does? Cool - I learned something new today :)  All my tasks have tags
so this returns an empty list for me

>Typing TAB lets me
> type sth. in the minibuffer. But with no tab-completion (tab just
> inserts a tab) and pressing Return inserts a newline.

I get TAB completion in the minibuffer for tags so something must be
wrong in your setup.

At the 'Tag: ' prompt, if I hit C-h k TAB I get this

,----
| TAB (translated from <tab>) runs the command minibuffer-complete,
| which is an interactive compiled Lisp function.
|
| It is bound to TAB, <menu-bar> <minibuf> <tab>.
|
| (minibuffer-complete)
|
| Complete the minibuffer contents as far as possible.
| Return nil if there is no valid completion, else t.
| If no characters can be completed, display a list of possible completions.
| If you repeat this command after it displayed such a list,
| scroll the window of possible completions.
|
| [back]
`----

I have a CANCELLED tag, if I type 'caTAB' it completes to CANCELLED for
me.

>C-g gives "Quit"
> but the minibuffer stays active.

C-g quits and the minibuffer is no longer active for me.

>The only solution to get out the
> minibuffer is to press ESC ESC ESC.
>
> I think this is not the right behavior. So, how can I filter the agenda
> view for a specified tag?

What version of Emacs and org-mode are you using?

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of 2010-11-03
on potassium, modified by Debian
Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4)

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: [BUG]? org-agenda-filter-by-tag
@ 2010-12-10 18:23   ` Maximilian Matthé
From: Maximilian Matthé @ 2010-12-10 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

> Hi Max,
>
> That is definitely _not_ the behaviour I get.
 ... snip ...
>>Typing TAB lets me
>> type sth. in the minibuffer. But with no tab-completion (tab just
>> inserts a tab) and pressing Return inserts a newline.
>
> I get TAB completion in the minibuffer for tags so something must be
> wrong in your setup.
>
> At the 'Tag: ' prompt, if I hit C-h k TAB I get this
>
> ,----
> | TAB (translated from <tab>) runs the command minibuffer-complete,
> ... snip ...
> | [back]
> `----

Typing C-h k TAB in the minibuffer tells me:

TAB (translated from <tab>) runs the command indent-for-tab-command,
which is an interactive compiled Lisp function.

It is bound to TAB.

(indent-for-tab-command &optional arg)

... and so on...

So my binding seems to behave different :(

> C-g quits and the minibuffer is no longer active for me.
>
>>The only solution to get out the
>> minibuffer is to press ESC ESC ESC.
>>
>> I think this is not the right behavior. So, how can I filter the agenda
>> view for a specified tag?
>
> What version of Emacs and org-mode are you using?
>
> GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of 2010-11-03
> on potassium, modified by Debian
> Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4)
>
> Regards,
> Bernt

(org-version) C-x C-e
"Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.4.2.g32f816)"
I just pulled some hours ago (but it also happened with 7.3 also)

(emacs-version)
"GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-03-29 on rothera, modified by Debian"

So, what should I do? I'm going to try to compile a current version of
emacs but I guess thats not the reason...

Thanks for any more advice!

@ 2010-12-10 18:59   ` Maximilian Matthé
From: Maximilian Matthé @ 2010-12-10 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Hi Max,
>
> That is definitely _not_ the behaviour I get.

Hi,

I've got the error, but I don't know why:

---------
(require 'ido)
(setq ido-everywhe 1)  ;; commenting only this out does not help
(setq ido-enable-flex-matching t)
(setq ido-max-work-file-list 50)
(setq ido-mode 1)  ;; commenting this out gives me correct behaviour for /
---------

How can that be? I currently dont know where I'm using ido, but I guess
it's quite useful at times I dont even realize it's doing sth. So I
think I would not like to leave it. I'm using the ido-version that is
bundled with Ubuntu 10.10's emacs23.1

Regards, Max

* Re: Re: [BUG]? org-agenda-filter-by-tag
@ 2010-12-19 17:09     ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-12-19 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maximilian Matthé; +Cc: emacs-orgmode