* adding to /contrib/scripts
@ 2011-01-30 20:33 Arun Persaud
From: Arun Persaud @ 2011-01-30 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Eric S Fraga

Hi

it would be great, if the awk script at

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html

could be added to contrib/scripts, so that we can version control it.

The file is by Eric Fraga with some minor changes by myself. What's the
best way to do this? I uploaded a copy of the file at

http://nubati.net/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/org-mode/

I'm not sure what the policy on copyright/GPL header for files in
contrib/script is, but am happy to change things accordingly.

Feel free to pull the last two commits (Eric's original script and my
changes) from that tree.

cheers
      ARUN

* Re: adding to /contrib/scripts
@ 2011-02-01 11:48 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-01 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Persaud; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Arun,

Arun Persaud <apersaud@lbl.gov> writes:

> it would be great, if the awk script at
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html
>
> could be added to contrib/scripts, so that we can version control it.

It is in Worg now:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/code/awk/

> The file is by Eric Fraga with some minor changes by myself. What's the
> best way to do this? I uploaded a copy of the file at
>
> http://nubati.net/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/org-mode/

Better to make those changes on Worg, if they are useful for everyone.

> I'm not sure what the policy on copyright/GPL header for files in
> contrib/script is, but am happy to change things accordingly.

Code snippets and scripts in Worg are published under GNU GPLv3.

> Feel free to pull the last two commits (Eric's original script and my
> changes) from that tree.

Feel free to ask Matt for Worg's access and push your changes on Worg!

Thanks :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: adding to /contrib/scripts
@ 2011-02-01 18:13   ` Arun Persaud
From: Arun Persaud @ 2011-02-01 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi

> It is in Worg now:
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/code/awk/

Thanks, didn't know that there is also code in Worg... the script was
already in Worg at

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html

but I thought that keeping a script inside a documentation page wouldn't
be the best place for it and contrib/scripts seemed better ;)

>> Feel free to pull the last two commits (Eric's original script and my
>> changes) from that tree.
>
> Feel free to ask Matt for Worg's access and push your changes on Worg!

already got access... will update the page to reflect the new location
of the awk script in the next days.

thanks

@ 2011-02-02 10:53     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-02 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Persaud; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Arun Persaud <apersaud@lbl.gov> writes:

>> Feel free to ask Matt for Worg's access and push your changes on Worg!
>
> already got access... will update the page to reflect the new location
> of the awk script in the next days.

I've seen your changes, thanks for that!

--
 Bastien