Sébastien Vauban writes: > Hi Eric(s), Dan & all, > > Sébastien Vauban wrote: >> "Eric Schulte" wrote: >>> I think that adding a new block delimiter face which inherits from the >>> org-meta face as you've suggested is the way to go. >>> >>> I would recommend however that rather than removing/changing the >>> org-meta-line, quote and verse delimiting faces to cover the entire line >>> you simply add the org-block-begin/end-line face overtop of these existing >>> faces. That way the default behavior is not changed by the patch, and users >>> have more control over the final display. >>> >>> In fact rather than having the org-block-begin/end-line faces inherit >>> from org-meta-line why not have them begin as empty faces. Do you think >>> this sounds like a good way to go? If so would you mind submitting a >>> patch which >>> - doesn't remove existing faces but rather adds these new faces overtop >>> of them >>> - includes of definition of the org-block-begin/end-line faces to empty >>> faces (otherwise the elisp compiler will warn of references to >>> undefined variables) >>> >>> Also, could you share an example code snippet which initializes the >>> org-block-begin/end-line faces initialized (either here and/or on worg)? >> >> Here a proposition that goes in that direction -- not yet a real patch, but >> something for you to have a look at. Should be easy to test, at least, >> that's what I tried to achieve. > > Eric (Fraga), David (O'Toole) and Carsten, you should love the following... > when in native fontification... > > #+TITLE: Test file for future patch (for block fontification) > #+DATE: 2011-02-02 > #+LANGUAGE: en_US > > * Abstract > > This is the new code that I will supply as a patch. To test it, just > evaluate the next source block, and please report any problem. > > What it does: > > - Add 2 faces for the lines delimiting the beginning and the end of > the source block > > - Fixes a tiny bug (affecting the begin delimiter line of source > blocks) when in "native" fontification (from Dan Davison) > > - NEW!! >>> Add a light yellow background in native mode!!! <<< NEW!! > Hi Seb, Thanks for sharing this code. I couldn't help myself but to turn it into a patch as that has become my favorite way of reviewing new code. The resulting patch it attached.