* Underscores in HTML Exported URLs get backslashes added
@ 2011-02-09 16:58 Jonathan Arkell
From: Jonathan Arkell @ 2011-02-09 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi list

I am having a problem, and my google-fu is a little weak in finding the solution.  Whenever I do an HTML export of an org-page if a URL contains underscores in it it will be exported escaped with a backslash in the text of the url.

For instance if I have an org buffer:

** Some foo title for context

this is an url:  http://somefoo.com/this_is_broken

Will get exported to:

<h2 id="sec-2"> Some foo title for context </h2>

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks!

__________________________________

Jonathan Arkell
Tech Lead
Inspired By Drum & Bass, Scheme, Kawaii

p. 403.206.4377

402 -- 11th Ave SE
Calgary, AB, Canada T2G 0Y4

jonathana@criticalmass.com
criticalmass.com

The information contained in this message is confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity named above or their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message.

* Re: Underscores in HTML Exported URLs get backslashes added
@ 2011-02-10  9:26 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-02-10  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Arkell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jonathan Arkell <jonathana@criticalmass.com> writes:

> Hi list
>
> I am having a problem, and my google-fu is a little weak in finding the solution.  Whenever I do an HTML export of an org-page if a URL contains underscores in it it will be exported escaped with a backslash in the text of the url.
>
> For instance if I have an org buffer:
>
> ** Some foo title for context
>
> this is an url:  http://somefoo.com/this_is_broken
>

> Will get exported to:
>
> <h2 id="sec-2"> Some foo title for context </h2>
>

> Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Hi Jonathan,

Just wrap the http:// ... in [[ ]] as in
[[http://somefoo.com/this_is_broken]]

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: Re: Underscores in HTML Exported URLs get backslashes added
@ 2011-02-10 13:04   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-10 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Just wrap the http:// ... in [[ ]] as in
> [[http://somefoo.com/this_is_broken]]

This happens automatically, even when inbuffer links are not surrounded
by brackets -- unless some org-export-preprocess-final-hook is reverting
the normalization of links.

Jonathan, what version of Org are you using?

Can you reproduce your problem with a bare Emacs (~$ emacs -q)?

 Bastien

* Re: Re: Underscores in HTML Exported URLs get backslashes added
@ 2011-02-10 14:04     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-02-10 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> Just wrap the http:// ... in [[ ]] as in
>> [[http://somefoo.com/this_is_broken]]
>
> This happens automatically, even when inbuffer links are not surrounded
> by brackets -- unless some org-export-preprocess-final-hook is reverting
> the normalization of links.
>
> Jonathan, what version of Org are you using?
>
> Can you reproduce your problem with a bare Emacs (~$ emacs -q)?
>
> Thanks,

Bastien,

I can reproduce this behaviour with a minimal emacs setup at commit
ca220e9c40e4467f436a0a1501fb1fd730093cec

Regards,
Bernt