* line breaks disappear between tags and properties
@ 2011-06-01 11:50 Myles Byrne
From: Myles Byrne @ 2011-06-01 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

Using the latest Aquamacs and org-mode on OSX 10.6.7:

Most every time i move, copy/paste, or close and reload my org-mode docs,
i'm losing the line breaks that separate :property: drawers from the
headline and it's :tags. With the effect that the properties are not
recognized as such.

(Also effects body text pasted in.)

I've tried multiple different line-break settings i can find online, as well
as searches for post re. the same problem. No luck.

Has anyone seen similar behavior?
Any clues to fixing it?

Thanks,
- Myles Byrne
FIMM.fi
Helsinki

* Re: line breaks disappear between tags and properties
@ 2011-06-02  1:11 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-06-02  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Myles Byrne; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Myles Byrne <bohmbohm@gmail.com> writes:

> Using the latest Aquamacs and org-mode on OSX 10.6.7:
>
> Most every time i move, copy/paste, or close and reload my org-mode
> docs, i'm losing the line breaks that separate :property: drawers from
> the headline and it's :tags. With the effect that the properties are
> not recognized as such.

Could you please provide a minimal example of what this looks like
(i.e., the appearance of the headline before and after the changes
occur)?

> (Also effects body text pasted in.)
>
> I've tried multiple different line-break settings i can find online, as
> well as searches for post re. the same problem. No luck.
>
> Has anyone seen similar behavior?
> Any clues to fixing it?

I am not familiar with Aquamacs, but it looks as if it has several
home-brewed functions and settings for controlling wrapping:

http://braeburn.aquamacs.org/code/master/aquamacs/doc/AquamacsHelp/node12.html

Is it possible one of these is altering your org files?

Best,
Matt