On 1 Jul 2011, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote: > > So I have some questions and answers: > > - (Since we are aiming to release org 7.6) will the org-install.el be > generated during such process? > - and during the compilation of Emacs 24? The emacs-bundled org-mode org-install.el is empty (if it is there). It's purpose is to provide an easy way to hook it with emacs. > + I checked version 6.21b (2009-02-02), shipped with Emacs 23.1, > and it seems to me that there's no org-install file. > so probably it will be generated during the compilation of Emacs 24. > > - Is it possible that, after 20th october 2010, something changed and > the install file is generated *only* with the make command? Can't answer that, but it would be strange if it shipped before. > + well looking through the history of makefile it seems that > org-install has been generated at least since 2008-01-31 Carsten > Dominik Release 5.18 release_5.18. bah?! > > cheers, Giovanni /who have to find a way to create the org-install.el > without using make or using make, but without compiling org-mode. No > .elc file around, please! :-) Perhaps it is time to get Emacs 24 or > package manager ;-) Because of the autoload problems mentioned in another thread I built an elisp file to have something to play with. Put it in the base folder and run it with `emacs -Q -l gen-autoloads.el' or directly via emacs, but make sure that you are in the base-folder. Michael