* Participating in Google Summer of Code 2012
@ 2012-03-02  8:24 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-03-02  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Thorsten NaN

Dear all,

Thorsten wrote a page about the Google Summer of Code on Worg:
  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/

He described his own project on the "ideas" page:
  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/orgmode-gsoc2012-ideas.html

(See "Real webprogramming with Org Mode and PicoLisp".)

If you are a student and want to submit an Org-mode project for the
GSoC 2012, please reply in this thread - we will give directions on
how to edit the Worg page.  When you have the first draft for your
project, you'll then have to find a mentor for it, which I guess
will also happen by discussing it in this list.

The timeline for applications is here:

  http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

  Organization (GNU) should register *before March 9th*.

  Students should register before *April 6th*.

Org-mode related projects are likely to be presented under the GNU
umbrella, but we are still waiting to know if GNU will apply as an
Organization this year.

Let's make this happen!  And thanks to Thorsten who paved the way
for _any_ project, not only his own.

--
 Bastien