I've attached a minimum org file that shows what I'm trying to do: essentially to attach a hook to the export process that ends up calling org-map-entries to make alterations to the file just before it's exported. As I've got it now, the hook does change the org buffer, but those changes are *not* reflected in the exported output. I can only guess that somehow the export process is able to continue on before the org-map-entries results are returned? Doesn't seem likely, but... This is actually kind of the opposite of what I'd like: to have the changes *only* reflected in the export, and leave the original buffer unchanged. On the other hand, I can see what thought and care has gone into setting up a clone buffer for export (and I do need to rely on buffer-local variables), so maybe an (undo) is my best solution for returning the buffer to its pre-export state. But I would like the changes to show up in the exported file! Thanks in advance, Eric