François Pinard writes: > Christian Wittern writes: > >> On 2013-04-23 21:09, François Pinard wrote: > >>> If I remember well [...] > >> Well, in this case you are misremembering, empty elements, aka as >> self-closing tags are one of the innovations of XML. Just my nit to pick, > > A friendly nit-picking is always a good way to get one another to > improve. Thanks! Who knew this would turn out to be such a fraught issue! All I wanted was that little green checkmark from the W3C... Here's what I think should be an acceptable final patch. I dropped the CDATA mess, and came up with a slightly different implementation for handling self-closing tags. It's maybe a little /bulkier/ than the previous implementation, but not so hacky, and may continue to be useful in the future. There's also a documentation patch. Hope this works, E