* temporarily un-ignoring scheduled tasks in global todo list
@ 2014-05-21  6:23 Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2014-05-21  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I like to have

(setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled 'all)
(setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines 'all)
(setq org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)

but sometimes I would like to search for some item that I know that is
scheduled somewhere into the future.  Or I want to verify whether some
item exists.

What would be the best way to temporarily show all tasks?  I am thinking
of writing a function that calls org-agenda with the above variables
temporarily set to the default values.  (That should be possible in
elisp, but I do not yet know how.)  Is there a better way?

Alternatively, one could always show all items in the global todo list,
but somehow mark the already scheduled ones.  Orgmode does not seem to
allow for something like this out-of-the-box, though.

Thanks,
Christoph

* Re: temporarily un-ignoring scheduled tasks in global todo list
@ 2014-05-21 11:43 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-21 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Groth; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Groth <christoph@grothesque.org> writes:

> (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled 'all)
> (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines 'all)
> (setq org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)
>
> but sometimes I would like to search for some item that I know that is
> scheduled somewhere into the future.  Or I want to verify whether some
> item exists.

The way I would do this is by defining a separate agenda custom view
with different values for the variables above.

M-: (info "(Org)Setting options") RET will give you details on how to
set the options for each view.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: temporarily un-ignoring scheduled tasks in global todo list
@ 2014-05-21 12:47   ` Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2014-05-21 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks Bastien, this works!

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to make a custom agenda view that
only shows todo items that are scheduled for the future.  Or am I wrong?

@ 2014-05-21 13:41     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-21 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Groth; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Groth <christoph@grothesque.org> writes:

> There doesn't seem to be an easy way to make a custom agenda view that
> only shows todo items that are scheduled for the future.  Or am I wrong?

Use a TODO agenda view, and set `org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled' to
past within this custom agenda view.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: temporarily un-ignoring scheduled tasks in global todo list
@ 2014-05-22 14:50       ` Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2014-05-22 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> There doesn't seem to be an easy way to make a custom agenda view
>> that only shows todo items that are scheduled for the future.  Or am
>> I wrong?
>
> Use a TODO agenda view, and set `org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled' to
> past within this custom agenda view.

This shows entries scheduled for the future together with unscheduled
entries (many in my case).  I am looking for a way to temporarily hide
the unscheduled entries.

* Re: temporarily un-ignoring scheduled tasks in global todo list
@ 2014-05-22 15:06         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-22 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Groth; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Christoph Groth <christoph@grothesque.org> writes:

> This shows entries scheduled for the future together with unscheduled
> entries (many in my case).  I am looking for a way to temporarily hide
> the unscheduled entries.

Then maybe combine this with `org-agenda-skip-if' set to 'notscheduled?

--
 Bastien

* Re: temporarily un-ignoring scheduled tasks in global todo list
@ 2014-05-22 15:48       ` Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2014-05-22 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Christoph Groth <christoph@grothesque.org> writes:
>
>> There doesn't seem to be an easy way to make a custom agenda view
>> that only shows todo items that are scheduled for the future.  Or am
>> I wrong?
>
> Use a TODO agenda view, and set `org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled' to
> past within this custom agenda view.

Thanks, the following now works as one element of
org-agenda-custom-commands:

("f" "List TODO entries scheduled for the future"
 todo ""
 ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled 'past)
  (org-agenda-skip-function
   '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notscheduled))))

I see now that this is mentioned in Appendix 7 in the manual... With
orgmode, the problem seems to be not whether some functionality is
implemented, but where to find it.