Daimrod writes: > Nicolas Goaziou writes: > >> Hello, >> >> Daimrod writes: >> >>> I've attached part of the traces (the whole traces are way too big) and >>> the backtraces. >> >> Thanks for looking into this. However, you are running a compiled Org, >> which renders backtraces less useful. > > Ok, I was wondering why the backtraces was so ugly, I didn't think about > byte-compilation... Thanks for the tip. > >> Also, you may want to disable cache refresh on idle time with, e.g., >> >> (setq org-element-cache-sync-idle-time 3600) >> >> It could make the bug easier to reproduce. > > Thanks, I'll try again this w.e. Okay, so I've found a more or less reliable way to reproduce this bug (on my machine at least). 1. $ emacs -Q -l debug.el test.org 2. Expand headline () 3. go below the first headline (C-n) 4. press `i' a couple of seconds ~10 chars 5. delete the line (C-a C-k) 6. goto 4 until if locks up As I said, it's not completely reliable but so far the lockup always happens. Sometimes it happens after the third iteration, sometimes after the tenth iteration, but it always happen. I've attached `debug.el' and `test.org'. `debug.el' setup the "environment" to reproduce the bug, you may need to change the path to your orgmode source base and you'll need `adaptive-wrap-prefix-mode' (available on ELPA). I've been able to reproduce the bug without `adaptive-wrap-prefix-mode' though other people have reported the same symptoms without using it. `test.org' is a simple org file with two headlines. It seems that two headlines are required to trigger the cache mechanism (with `org-element-cache--sync'). Do you confirm the lockup with this setting? Best,