From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How to get the link the point is on?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 00:44:42 +0200	[thread overview]

On 2014-09-25, at 23:50, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> my question is as in subject.  It is done by org-open-at-point
>> (somehow), but the logic seems to be buried in that function.  What I'd
>> like to have is a function that would just extract the link portion
>> (which is normally invisible) and displayed it in the echo area
>> (something like hovering over a link in a web browser).
>>
>> I skimmed through org.el, and either I couldn't find a function which
>> does it, or this email is a feature request;).
>
> you know about
>
> ,----[ C-h f org-toggle-link-display RET ]
> | org-toggle-link-display is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
> | `org.el'.
> |
> | It is bound to <menu-bar> <Org> <Hyperlinks> <Descriptive Links>,
> | <menu-bar> <Org> <Hyperlinks> <Literal Links>.
> |
> | (org-toggle-link-display)
> |
> | Toggle the literal or descriptive display of links.
> `----
>
> ?

Yes, I do, but this is not what I'm looking for.  I want to see the
`descriptive' links, only to be able (sometimes) to look up the actual
target of the link.  (And I don't like the idea of moving the point to
the end, pressing <backspace> to delete the rightmost bracket, and then
pressing C-\ to undo it...)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski