On 2015-06-06 Sat 00:28, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Titus von der Malsburg writes: > >> Thee can be handled by protectedtexttt. The obvious questions is of >> course: Wouldn’t it be more consistent to handle all instances of ~code~ >> using protectedtexttt? > > One option would be indeed to remove \verb altogether. Note that it is > also used in inline source blocks. > > However, I assume \verb put less limitations than \texttt on its > contents, so I'd rather keep \verb around. > >> And if you want to support the use of \verb at all, shouldn’t that be >> done via =verbatim= not ~code~? > > I fail to see how it would solve the problem at hand. It would simply > move it elsewhere. I didn’t say it would. I said that using protectedtexttt solves the issue in problematic environments. The issue that =verbatim= maps to \texttt and ~code~ to \verb is independent, but since it affects the same code, it might make sense to solve both at the same time. Titus > My question is how to handle \verb at the LaTeX level, not at the Org > one. > >>>> These two did not produce the intended results (sub and super script >>>> don’t work) but the LaTeX is not malformed: >>>> >>>> test^~test~ >>>> test_~test~ >> >> This really seems to be an independent issue (because test^*test* >> doesn’t work either) > > Actually, I just realized this is not valid syntax for sub/superscript > in Org anyway. It should be > > test^{~test~} > > Regards,