Nicolas Goaziou writes: > Hello, > > Matt Lundin writes: > >> OK, I've worked up a patch that solves several of these issues. The >> basic idea is to check when publishing an org file whether it includes >> other org files and then to store that data in the cache. That way, >> org-publish-cache-file-needs-publishing does not need to open each >> buffer but rather can compare the stored timestamp data against the >> actual modified times of the included files. > > This is much better, indeed. Thank you. > > One suggestion: wouldn't it make sense to also apply check to SETUPFILE > keywords? Yes, that's a great idea. I've added it to the patch. One caveat: this patch does not implement recursive checking of included files (i.e., included files that include other files), but this could be added in the future. Thanks, Matt