* Bug with Habits and Active Dates
@ 2016-12-06  9:58 craven
From: craven @ 2016-12-06  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

I have run into problems with a TODO entry that has a body which
contains an active date. Finishing it results in

Entry repeats: SCHEDULED: <2016-12-13 Tue +1w>

being printed to *Messages*, but no actual new SCHEDULED line is added
to the entry.

See the attached org-file. If I remove the active date, things work
fine. If I put the date into a table, it is still broken.

Thanks for any help with this!

Greetings, Peter

[-- Attachment #2: broken.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 92 bytes --]

#+TODO: TODO(t) | DONE(d!/!)
* TODO test
  SCHEDULED: <2016-12-06 Tue +1w>
<2016-12-06 Tue>

* Re: Bug with Habits and Active Dates
       [not found] <cc56252964cd4e339b8c7e6c5c8f8a32@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-12-09  8:49 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-12-09  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: craven@gmx.net; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday,  6 Dec 2016 at 09:58, craven@gmx.net wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have run into problems with a TODO entry that has a body which
> contains an active date. Finishing it results in
>
> Entry repeats: SCHEDULED: <2016-12-13 Tue +1w>
>
> being printed to *Messages*, but no actual new SCHEDULED line is added
> to the entry.

But why should it?  The same time stamp is valid forever.
If you go to the agenda, the item should appear every Tuesday.

Maybe I've misunderstood.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.1-49-ga43eac

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Bug with Habits and Active Dates
@ 2016-12-09  9:06   ` craven
From: craven @ 2016-12-09  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

>> being printed to *Messages*, but no actual new SCHEDULED line is added
>> to the entry.
> But why should it?  The same time stamp is valid forever.
> If you go to the agenda, the item should appear every Tuesday.
> Maybe I've misunderstood.

Sorry, I neglected to mention that the original SCHEDULED line is
removed (but no new line is added).

This only happens if there is an active timestamp in the node contents.

Greetings,
Peter

* Re: Bug with Habits and Active Dates
@ 2016-12-09 20:02     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-12-09 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: craven; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

<craven@gmx.net> writes:

>>> being printed to *Messages*, but no actual new SCHEDULED line is added
>>> to the entry.
>> But why should it?  The same time stamp is valid forever.
>> If you go to the agenda, the item should appear every Tuesday.
>> Maybe I've misunderstood.
>
> Sorry, I neglected to mention that the original SCHEDULED line is
> removed (but no new line is added).
>
> This only happens if there is an active timestamp in the node
> contents.

This was fixed recently. You need to wait for the next release.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bug with Habits and Active Dates
@ 2016-12-10 20:06       ` craven
From: craven @ 2016-12-10 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> This was fixed recently. You need to wait for the next release.

Thank you very much for the swift fix!

Greetings, Peter