Hi, Nicolas Goaziou writes: > Comments follow. > >> +(defun org-babel-plantuml-var-to-plantuml (var) >> + "Cleanup plantuml variable (remove quotes)." >> + (replace-regexp-in-string "\"" "" var)) > > Since this function is used only once in the code, I suggest to not > implement it and use `replace-regexp-in-string' at the appropriate > place. I was trying to match what other ob-*s do. If the table assignment idea was to be implemented (for instance), using a separate function may be cleaner. But the function is indeed currently not needed, so I removed it. >> +(defun org-babel-variable-assignments:plantuml (params) >> + "Return a list of PlantUML statements assigning the block's variables." > > Could you document what is PARAMS? I have added more complete docstrings, please let me know if changes are required. >> +(defun org-babel-plantuml-make-body (body params) >> + "Form PlantUML input string." > > Do you mean "Return PlantUML" input string? Also you need to specify > what are body and params. Tentatively done. > Besides, the same applies to `org-babel-plantuml-var-to-plantuml' above. > Is this function really needed, as it is a mere `format'. I use this function in the test as well to compare the full text output so it is convenient to have a separate function. Alternatively I guess I could directly test the call to `org-babel-expand-body:generic' but that seems less interesting as a test (should I remove the test altogether then?). The attached patch removes the useless definition of `org-babel-plantuml-var-to-plantuml' (the regexp is moved to the `org-babel-variable-assignments:plantuml' function) but keeps the `org-babel-plantuml-make-body' function, useful for testing. If you would like me to remove the `org-babel-plantuml-make-body' function as well, I will do that (how would you like the test to look like in this case?) Thanks for the guidance. thibault