On Monday, 3 Jul 2017 at 08:33, Uwe Brauer wrote: > But the release cycles are very different, so in order to have always > the latest stable org package, I need to compile and install the whole > GNU emacs beast. I thought the whole idea of a package system is to > avoid this headache. I agree. I like tracking org development but would not be at all keen on tracking emacs in the same way. I was actually quite disappointed when gnus went into emacs master as I can no longer easily play with any experimental branches etc. -- : Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.9-551-g92e8c8