* Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-20 10:25 Nicolas Goaziou
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-20 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List; +Cc: Bastien Guerry

Hello,

I think current development branch is in good shape. I think there is no
blocker, although there are a few reported bugs floating around.

Is there any pending feature that should absolutely go into Org 9.2?

Bastien, what do you think?

Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-20 22:43 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2018-04-20 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, Org Mode List

:tags:in:the:agenda:

look:like:this

is this deliberate?

On 4/20/18, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think current development branch is in good shape. I think there is no
> blocker, although there are a few reported bugs floating around.
>
> Is there any pending feature that should absolutely go into Org 9.2?
>
> Bastien, what do you think?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738

--
The Kafka Pandemic: <http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com>

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

"You’ve really gotta quit this and get moving, because this is murder
by neglect." ---
<http://www.meaction.net/2017/02/03/pwme-people-with-me-are-being-murdered-by-neglect>.

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-21  0:49 ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2018-04-21  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, Org Mode List

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-21  9:58   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-21  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, Org Mode List

> :tags:in:the:agenda:
>
> look:like:this
>
> is this deliberate?

No, it isn't.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-21 10:14 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-21 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Nicolas,

yes, let's move forward.

I'm back from a few days off, I'll be able to make the 9.2 release
at the end of next week.  I've released 9.1.10 in the meantime.

 Bastien

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-21 10:43   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-21 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hello,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> yes, let's move forward.
>
> I'm back from a few days off, I'll be able to make the 9.2 release
> at the end of next week.  I've released 9.1.10 in the meantime.

Great.

I suggest to release Org 9.1.11 by the beginning of the next week, and
merge in into Emacs. Hopefully, this will be the last update included in
Emacs 26.

WDYT?

@ 2018-04-21 10:49     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2018-04-21 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> yes, let's move forward.
>>
>> I'm back from a few days off, I'll be able to make the 9.2 release
>> at the end of next week.  I've released 9.1.10 in the meantime.
>
> Great.
>
> I suggest to release Org 9.1.11 by the beginning of the next week, and
> merge in into Emacs. Hopefully, this will be the last update included in
> Emacs 26.

Fine by me, but we’d need to clear the merge with upstream beforehand.

What is the best way to make a CHANGELOG from 9.1.9 to 9.1.11?  Should I
just copy the git log?

Rasmus

--
This message is brought to you by the department of redundant departments

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-22  6:27     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-22  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Nicolas,

> I suggest to release Org 9.1.11 by the beginning of the next week, and
> merge in into Emacs. Hopefully, this will be the last update included in
> Emacs 26.

I've released 9.1.11 -- I won't have time to check Org before next
tuesday, so please let's wait until wednesday before merging 9.1.11
as the latest release to be included in Emacs 26.  If  you haven't
heard of me on wednesday, please go ahead with 9.1.11 in Emacs.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-26 12:33       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-26 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> What is the best way to make a CHANGELOG from 9.1.9 to 9.1.11?  Should I
> just copy the git log?

Yes, I guess so.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-26 12:35   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-26 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Nicolas and all,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> I'm back from a few days off, I'll be able to make the 9.2 release
> at the end of next week.  I've released 9.1.10 in the meantime.

I'm now reading past emails and checking things for 9.2.

Maybe we will need to release 9.1.12 before 9.2, as there are some
new bugfixes in maint.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-27  8:44     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2018-04-27  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Nicolas and all,
>
> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> I'm back from a few days off, I'll be able to make the 9.2 release
>> at the end of next week.  I've released 9.1.10 in the meantime.
>
> I'm now reading past emails and checking things for 9.2.
>
> Maybe we will need to release 9.1.12 before 9.2, as there are some
> new bugfixes in maint.

I am waiting for 9.1.12.

Please consider making the release soon, as an upstream merge would have
to be approved first.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
I hear there's rumors on the, uh, Internets. . .

* Re: Release Org 9.2 soon ?
@ 2018-04-27  8:48       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-27  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> I am waiting for 9.1.12.

It's been out since a few hours, I will mention it on the list
explicitely.

--
 Bastien