Hello, Here is the adaptation of the previous lines of code that works in my setup (the web page [[https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RegularExpression]] was helpful): #+BEGIN_SRC (require 'autoinsert) (auto-insert-mode) ;;; Adds hook to find-files-hook (setq auto-insert-directory "~/MEGA/org/my_org-templates/") ;;; Or use custom, *NOTE* Trailing slash important (setq auto-insert-query nil) ;;; If you don't want to be prompted before insertion (define-auto-insert "\.beamer-fr.org" "my-beamer-fr.org") #+END_SRC Now, supposing that I have to give a talk in French at Aix-en-Provence (very nice city!), when I open in emacs the new file aix-beamer-fr.org this file automatically contains the lines defined in my-beamer-fr.org that is in ~/MEGA/org/my_org-templates/ . That is certainly trivial for a lot of people in this list (and I apologize), but maybe it will be helpful for others. Best wishes, -- Jo.