Hello, On 2020-11-27 05:40, Jean Louis writes: > Now we have `evince' PDF viewer that can open PDF I think by page > number and by query but it cannot do the equivalent > `evince-store-link' so user has to think about the file name and page > number and so on. For that I recommend pdf-tools (great pdf viewer for emacs, supporting annotations and synctex, https://github.com/politza/pdf-tools) and org-pdftools (provides org links for it, https://github.com/fuxialexander/org-pdftools). There is also the org-noter option (https://github.com/weirdNox/org-noter) to link external annotations to pdfs. > We have browsers that each of them think for themselves. Each can > store bookmarks but hardly provide such to external programs. For that org-protocol was mentioned. There is eww as well to browse within emacs (and thus have links). > File managers do not provide `file-manager-store-link' but they should > as it would be very useful to have programs integrate with each other > that hyperdocument systems can be built. dired is a nice file manager. I agree having something at the level of the OS would be great, but emacs is a pretty good OS ;) Best, Alan