* Org agenda width is one char-column too short
@ 2021-09-23 12:40 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2021-09-23 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

As seen in the linked image, my agenda width is a single char too short so it clips the last : of the tags. I always use truncate-lines-mode, so this is a minor inconvenience but might be something easily fixed for new users? I think it has always done this for me.

https://i.imgur.com/RFRhLMT.png

Here are my configurations for agenda in Straight; if I'm not mistaken, there is nothing here that should effect things. Everything else is still at the default. I only got to thinking about this because agenda does such an admirable job of fitting to screens (something not easy in many emacs situations).

   (use-package org-agenda
     :straight (:type built-in)
     :after org
     :custom
     (org-agenda-restriction-lock-highlight-subtree nil)
     (org-agenda-show-outline-path nil)
     (org-agenda-fontify-priorities nil)
     (org-agenda-restriction-lock-highlight-subtree nil)
     :custom-face
     (org-agenda-clocking ((t (:background "gold" :foreground "black"))))
     (org-agenda-dimmed-todo-face ((t (:foreground "dimgray"))))
     (org-agenda-calendar-event ((t (:inherit default))))
     (org-agenda-clocking ((t (:background "gold" :foreground "black"))))
     (org-agenda-current-time ((t (:background "blue2" :foreground "white smoke" :weight ultra-bold))))
     (org-agenda-dimmed-todo-face ((t (:foreground "dimgray"))))
     (org-agenda-done ((t (:inherit org-done :box (:line-width 2 :color "#00ff00" :style released-button)))))
     :bind (:map org-agenda-mode-map
		 ("p" . org-agenda-show-clocking-issues)
		 ("P" . tsa/org-appts))
     :config
     (add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook (lambda () (toggle-truncate-lines 1)))
     )

* Re: Org agenda width is one char-column too short
@ 2021-10-03  8:28 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-10-03  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tory S. Anderson; +Cc: orgmode list

torys.anderson@gmail.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> As seen in the linked image, my agenda width is a single char too short so it clips the last : of the tags. I always use truncate-lines-mode, so this is a minor inconvenience but might be something easily fixed for new users? I think it has always done this for me.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/RFRhLMT.png

Judging from the screenshot, it appears that you have customised
org-agenda-prefix-format.  Can you share the value of this variable?

Best,
Ihor