I believe this is a rendering problem. Also the mathematics symbols get /tiny/; could rendering of mathematics made bigger, a little bolder, and xymatrix diagram arrows made visible? >> Can I use \LaTeX ? Let us try: $f: A\rightarrow B$ is a function > > MathJax ignores \LaTeX but renders the function correctly. > > (I tried with plain 'emacs -Q' on Emacs 30.) > >> $\xymatrix{ {A} \ar@{o->}[r] & {B} }$ > > MathJax does not recognize this, hence the "Misplaced &" error. > > You have two options here: either (1) install the MathJax extension you > mentioned or (2) make Org to use LaTeX for HTML. > > If you decide to go the MathJax/JavaScript route, please note that you need to > use Emacs 29 or later, where Org uses MathJax 3 and not 2. > Thanks, I am on 28.2, the latest on Linux Mint archive; I think I shall have to download and compile from gnu archives for the latest one. >> \Arr{f}{A}{B} > This is a problem; please see also below. > MathJax does not recognize this either. > >> 2. The file exports perfectly to pdf: > > That happens because Org always uses LaTeX for PDF documents. If you want it to > use LaTeX for HTML too, see the OPTIONS above. > > Rudy I have a huge amount of macros which are constantly used, especially because the area of my work (Category Theory) demands use of plenty of inline diagrams as well as displayed diagrams; for inline diagrams it is best to have macros to speed up the typing. I believe you are saying that while these are recognised by LaTeX for PDF documents, the html converter just neglects them. Firstly, is it possible to convert these macros to a form which is acceptable by hrml converter? I believe the answer is _Yes_, since the same commands between "$", "$" works; but can this be automated? The suggestion is: would it be possible to write some quick code to be used by the converter before starting the process of conversion, so that a list of macros used is made up, each of such macros automatically converted in a form usable for html, and then used in the conversion disregarding the actual macro file; the converted macros could then be placed somewhere in the header of the converted html file. With my regards and all the very best wishes, partha