On Wed, Jan 24 2024, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Leo Butler writes: > >>>> 1. ox-latex export bug for src blocks containing direct LaTeX when >>>> org-latex-src-block-backend is set to its default 'verbatim value >>> >>> This appears to be Beamer-specific problem with verbatim environments: >>> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/140719/verbatim-in-beamer-showing-error-file-ended-while-scanning-use-of-xverbatim >>> >>> The solution might be to use [fragile] frame parameter, but that might >>> have its own drawbacks: >>> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/136240/drawbacks-of-using-fragile-frames-in-beamer >> >> Yes, an *automatic* solution may create more problems than it solves. >> Although, I do note that ox-beamer does mark some frames as fragile already. >> I wonder how difficult it would be to add a property drawer to frames, >> so (amongst other things), they could be marked fragile? > > Hmm. Actually, that frame is already marked fragile. > Yet, it is not enough... > Apparently, LaTeX has really hard time processing verbatim code inside > beamer frames. I looked again at the solution here: https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/140719/verbatim-in-beamer-showing-error-file-ended-while-scanning-use-of-xverbatim and it errors out with a recent version of pdflatex: This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.25 (TeX Live 2023/Debian) (preloaded format=pdflatex) This is, apparently, a known problem: https://github.com/josephwright/beamer/issues/360 The end of that issue report includes a work-around that we might apply in org. I have attached a patch for your feedback. The example that stimulated this discussion compiles with the patch and the testsuite shows no errors related to it. > >>>> 2. ox-beamer export bug as described in the attached org file >>> >>> This is not a bug. When you specify ignoreheading environment, you imply >>> that the contents of the heading is to be included as is. >>> If you want the contents to become a column, you should specify column >>> environment. >> >> I see. That is not now the ignoreheading property is described. It says >> [1]: >> >> ... As the text in the slide says, the left column is a list and the >> right one is an image. The left column's headline text is ignored, >> specified by =C-c C-b i= which tells org to *ignore* the headline >> text completely. >> >> I think the documentation and example needs to be corrected. I have >> attached a patch. > > Thanks! Applied. > https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/aedea59f Thanks. I can see the commit on master in git, but the webpage seems to be unchanged. https://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/tutorial.html Leo