From: Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org>
To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: problems with INCLUDE, noweb and tangle
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 12:06:49 +0100	[thread overview]

Daniele Pizzolli wrote:
> Hello Nicolas,
>
> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Daniele Pizzolli writes:
>>
>>> The noweb reference in the included file is not present in tangle (and
>>> sometimes also is not present within the results in the buffer).
>>
>> File inclusion, through INCLUDE keywords, is an export-only feature.
>
> Thanks for the clarification.  I did not noticed that before.  I guess
> that there is no plan to get this working for the general case, so the
> only viable option is using one big .org file.

Or use the Library of Babel, if the code you wanna tangle gets
eventually used in many different files?

  ┌────
  │ 14.6 Library of Babel
  │ =====================
  │
  │ The “Library of Babel” consists of code blocks that can be called from
  │ any Org mode file.  Code blocks defined in the “Library of Babel” can be
  │ called remotely as if they were in the current Org mode buffer (see
  │ *note Evaluating code blocks:: for information on the syntax of remote
  │ code block evaluation).
  │
  │    The central repository of code blocks in the “Library of Babel” is
  │ housed in an Org mode file located in the ‘contrib’ directory of Org
  │ mode.
  │
  │    Users can add code blocks they believe to be generally useful to
  │ their “Library of Babel.” The code blocks can be stored in any Org mode
  │ file and then loaded into the library with ‘org-babel-lob-ingest’.
  │
  │    Code blocks located in any Org mode file can be loaded into the
  │ “Library of Babel” with the ‘org-babel-lob-ingest’ function, bound to
  │ ‘C-c C-v i’.
  └────

Best regards,
  Seb