* Agenda on iPhone as HTML
@ 2009-01-21 22:17 Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2009-01-21 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I finally have my agenda just the way I like, thanks to custom agenda
block commands.  So the next natural thing to do was to get this
exported so I could see it on my iPhone.

Pending a formal Org iPhone application, I decided to put some HTML on a
web server I control, and access it from my phone.  To make it easier to
make phone calls from the agenda, I also create the proper tel links so
that tapping a phone number tells the iPhone to dial out.

You can see the sed hacking in my super-simple function:

(defun pmade:org-write-agenda ()
  "Write the agenda buffer to a file, and send to pmade.com."
  (interactive)
  (org-write-agenda "~/agenda.html")
  (shell-command "sed -E 's/T:([0-9+-]+)/T:<a href=\"tel:\\1\">\\1<\\/a>/' < ~/agenda.html | ssh -q pmade.com 'cat > /opt/sites/pmade.com/www/private/agenda.html'")
  (delete-file "~/agenda.html"))

Basically, headlines that have something like T:303-555-1212 will have
the number turned into a tel link.

Hope this helps someone else.

--
Peter Jones, http://pmade.com
pmade inc.  Louisville, CO US

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-01-21 22:17 UTC | newest]