* The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-10 17:22 Bastien
                   ` (6 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-10 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Jambunathan K.

Dear all,

as the subject says.  Please all test this heavily and report
any problems.  This will be part of Org 7.8 and soon in Emacs.

Thanks a lot to Jambunathan for all this efforts, let's make
sure everything is smooth before the release!

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11  0:27 ` Herbert Sitz
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Herbert Sitz @ 2011-12-11  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> as the subject says.  Please all test this heavily and report
> any problems.  This will be part of Org 7.8 and soon in Emacs.
>
> Thanks a lot to Jambunathan for all this efforts, let's make
> sure everything is smooth before the release!
>
> Best,

Great.  I'm wondering what sort of progress has been made on the ODT importer.
For example, is it able to convert an Org export to ODT back to Org format with
result being same as the original Org file that was exported?  If something is
lost, what is lost?

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11  0:52 ` suvayu ali
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-12-11  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 18:22, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> as the subject says.  Please all test this heavily and report
> any problems.  This will be part of Org 7.8 and soon in Emacs.
>
> Thanks a lot to Jambunathan for all this efforts, let's make
> sure everything is smooth before the release!

A big thank you to Jambu for his amazing efforts and of course to you
and others involved. :)

--
Suvayu

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11  2:17   ` Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2011-12-11  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 19:52, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 18:22, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>> as the subject says.  Please all test this heavily and report
>> any problems.  This will be part of Org 7.8 and soon in Emacs.
>>
>> Thanks a lot to Jambunathan for all this efforts, let's make
>> sure everything is smooth before the release!
>
> A big thank you to Jambu for his amazing efforts and of course to you
> and others involved. :)

Agreed.  An excellent job on the org-odt functionality.  Although I still prefer
using LaTeX to write my resume in, I have switched to using org-odt for writting
normal, basic documents.  I do have my resume in org format now as well, just
have to work out some issues regarding headers, etc.  which Jambunathan has
been very helpful with.

Little by little org-mode will take over my life.

cheers,

       mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11  8:01 ` Christian Moe
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-12-11  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

Wonderful!

Yours,
Christian

@ 2011-12-11 12:29   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-11 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbert Sitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Herbert,

Herbert Sitz <hesitz@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm wondering what sort of progress has been made on the ODT importer.
> For example, is it able to convert an Org export to ODT back to Org format with
> result being same as the original Org file that was exported?

I don't think so.

This is a more general problem: converting .odt (or even HTML, .tex,
etc.) back to org-mode would indeed be wonderful.

The most promising road I see for that would be to let pandoc *read*
Org files: http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/

Any haskell hacker around?

--
 Bastien

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11 16:30     ` Thomas
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas @ 2011-12-11 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> This is a more general problem: converting .odt (or even HTML, .tex,
> etc.) back to org-mode would indeed be wonderful.
>
> The most promising road I see for that would be to let pandoc *read*
> Org files: http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/
>
> Any haskell hacker around?

There is ODT2ORG
(https://bitbucket.org/josemaria.alkala/odt2org/wiki/Home)
which lets you import odt files in org-mode.
It works quite well and may need
just some minor polishing.

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11 16:36       ` Thomas
From: Thomas @ 2011-12-11 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thomas <tunnelblick <at> quantentunnel.de> writes:

> There is ODT2ORG
> (https://bitbucket.org/josemaria.alkala/odt2org/wiki/Home)
> which lets you import odt files in org-mode.
> It works quite well and may need
> just some minor polishing.

http://leapon.net/en/mso2ooo-batch-convert-microsoft-office-documents-openoffice-documents

There is also mso2ooo, which is, like odt2org, a python script.
Maybe someone who knows elisp can create an emacs-frontend for running
one or both scipts.

This could result in a neat and elegant way to import odt and doc-files into org.

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-12-11 16:46 ` Manish
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Manish @ 2011-12-11 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, Jambunathan K.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Bastien wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> as the subject says.  Please all test this heavily and report
> any problems.  This will be part of Org 7.8 and soon in Emacs.
>
> Thanks a lot to Jambunathan for all this efforts, let's make
> sure everything is smooth before the release!

this is wonderful!  many thanks to Jambu, Bastien, Christian and
everyone involved.

best regards
--
manish

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11 17:06       ` Herbert Sitz
From: Herbert Sitz @ 2011-12-11 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thomas <tunnelblick <at> quantentunnel.de> writes:

> There is ODT2ORG
> (https://bitbucket.org/josemaria.alkala/odt2org/wiki/Home)
> which lets you import odt files in org-mode.
> It works quite well and may need
> just some minor polishing.

Thomas --

Thanks, I think that's what I was thinking of.

For some reason I was assuming that the odt importer would have been written by
Jambunathan as a companion piece to his exporter.

-- Herb

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11 17:13       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-11 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thomas <tunnelblick@quantentunnel.de> writes:

> There is ODT2ORG
> (https://bitbucket.org/josemaria.alkala/odt2org/wiki/Home) which lets
> you import odt files in org-mode.  It works quite well and may need
> just some minor polishing.

Great -- I added this to http://orgmode.org/worg/org-translators.html

Thanks!

--

@ 2011-12-11 17:15         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-11 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thomas <tunnelblick@quantentunnel.de> writes:

> http://leapon.net/en/mso2ooo-batch-convert-microsoft-office-documents-openoffice-documents
>
> There is also mso2ooo, which is, like odt2org, a python script.
> Maybe someone who knows elisp can create an emacs-frontend for running
> one or both scipts.

Thanks - I use unoconv and find it really useful:

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/unoconv/

--

@ 2011-12-11 19:37   ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-12-11 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

> this is wonderful!  many thanks to Jambu, Bastien, Christian and
> everyone involved.

That would be Jambu, for developing the whole thing, and Bastien, for
integrating it. (I have only done a bit of testing and cheerleading.)

Yours,
Christian

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11 19:56     ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2011-12-11 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

  On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Christian Moe wrote:

  >> this is wonderful! many thanks to Jambu, Bastien, Christian and
  >> everyone involved.
  >

  > That would be Jambu, for developing the whole thing, and Bastien, for
  > integrating it. (I have only done a bit of testing and cheerleading.)

yes.  but you too took the responsibility for testing and cheering
from day zero and never dropped the ball.  i truly appreciate that
too.

--
manish

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-11 23:20     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-11 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

>> this is wonderful!  many thanks to Jambu, Bastien, Christian and
>> everyone involved.
>
> That would be Jambu, for developing the whole thing, and Bastien, for
> integrating it. (I have only done a bit of testing and cheerleading.)

Cheerleading is key here :)

Anyone volunteer for designing a (spread)shirt

  "I pushed a commit to Org"

or

  "I'm an Org cheerleader"

?

--
 Bastien

* [BUG] Various problems with org-odt export
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-12-12 12:28 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-12-12 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Either something's gone wrong with my setup, or there are a number of
issues to straighten out after org-odt moved to core.

Here's what I have so far (with Org 7.7 pulled this morning, Emacs
23.3.1, on a Mac). Issues 1 and 3 look urgent.

1. The org-export-odt-styles-file variable

still points to
"~/src/base/org-mode/contrib/odt/styles.xml"
as the default style template. The defcustom comes with a FIXME note,
and that has become urgent, as the lack of a default styles file in
the default place would cause Org-odt export to fail out of the box
for most users. I'm not sure where this should point, but I assume it
should not point to anything in contrib any longer.

2. The #+ODT_STYLES_FILE directive

does not seem to work. It's ignored and the value of
org-export-odt-styles-file is used instead.

3. Current backend not set to 'odt?

During ODT export, org-export-format-source-code-or-example
fails while trying to load a file called "org-nil". So apparently
org-export-current-backend fails to be passed the value 'odt on ODT
export.

The latter problem could also explain why, trying to export a file
with verse environments, I got LaTeX mixed in with the ODT XML...

Yours,
Christian

* Re: [BUG] Various problems with org-odt export
@ 2011-12-12 13:46   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-12 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Christian

> Hi,
>
> Either something's gone wrong with my setup, or there are a number of
> issues to straighten out after org-odt moved to core.
>
> Here's what I have so far (with Org 7.7 pulled this morning, Emacs
> 23.3.1, on a Mac). Issues 1 and 3 look urgent.
>
> 1. The org-export-odt-styles-file variable
>
> still points to
> "~/src/base/org-mode/contrib/odt/styles.xml"
> as the default style template. The defcustom comes with a FIXME note,
> and that has become urgent, as the lack of a default styles file in
> the default place would cause Org-odt export to fail out of the box
> for most users. I'm not sure where this should point, but I assume it
> should not point to anything in contrib any longer.

The default style files have been moved from contrib/odt/styles to
etc/styles.

Make sure that you are loading the right version of org-odt with M-x
locate-library.

Also the following variables:

C-h v org-odt-lib-dir => "~/src/org-mode/lisp/"
C-h v org-odt-styles-dir => "~/src/org-mode/etc/styles/"

The first variable says wherefrom org-odt is loaded.

The second variable -- which was newly introduced a 2-3 days ago --
should tell where the default style files come from.

If you are unable to find the second variable, then it most postively
suggests that it is the old org-odt that is loaded.

> 2. The #+ODT_STYLES_FILE directive
>
> does not seem to work. It's ignored and the value of
> org-export-odt-styles-file is used instead.

May be related to (1).

Is everything OK when there is *no* ODT_STYLES_FILE and
org-export-odt-styles-file is *reset* to nil?

> 3. Current backend not set to 'odt?
>
> During ODT export, org-export-format-source-code-or-example
> fails while trying to load a file called "org-nil". So apparently
> org-export-current-backend fails to be passed the value 'odt on ODT
> export.
>
> The latter problem could also explain why, trying to export a file
> with verse environments, I got LaTeX mixed in with the ODT XML...

I hope org-odt loads fine...
Does M-x load-library RET org-odt RET report any errors?

@ 2011-12-12 20:54     ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-12-12 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Thanks, the problem was indeed with setup and not with org-odt as
such, so I'm really sorry about the noise. But I'm wondering if
something needs to be done about the Makefile to make sure etc/styles
installs.

Background: I'm in the habit of compiling and installing Org each time
I pull, and as I'm on a Mac, that means changing a couple of
installation paths in the Makefile so as to install into Emacs.app.
All this probably puts me in a small minority of users.

The lisp files got installed all right, including the up-to-date
org-odt.el and org-odt.elc.

And yes, I did for some reason have an older org-odt.el in my loadpath
that was interfering. Very embarrassing. But after I got rid of that,
I was definitely running the new org-odt.

However, things still did not work, and the reason seems to be that
the etc/styles directory did not get installed into the appropriate
etc directory in Emacs.app. Because the directory was missing,
org-odt-styles-dir never got set; it kept throwing an error that it
couldn't find the factory styles.

I copied the etc/styles dir manually over into Emacs.app, and now
everything seems to work.

Could it be that, because there hasn't been anything to install from
the etc directory before, the Org-mode Makefile doesn't take care of
it? The only reference to "etc/" I've found in the Makefile is in
connection with ELPA, which I don't use.

Yours,
Christian

On 12/12/11 2:46 PM, Jambunathan K wrote:

> Christian
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Either something's gone wrong with my setup, or there are a number of
>> issues to straighten out after org-odt moved to core.
>>
>> Here's what I have so far (with Org 7.7 pulled this morning, Emacs
>> 23.3.1, on a Mac). Issues 1 and 3 look urgent.
>>
>> 1. The org-export-odt-styles-file variable
>>
>> still points to
>> "~/src/base/org-mode/contrib/odt/styles.xml"
>> as the default style template. The defcustom comes with a FIXME note,
>> and that has become urgent, as the lack of a default styles file in
>> the default place would cause Org-odt export to fail out of the box
>> for most users. I'm not sure where this should point, but I assume it
>> should not point to anything in contrib any longer.
>
> The default style files have been moved from contrib/odt/styles to
> etc/styles.
>
> Make sure that you are loading the right version of org-odt with M-x
> locate-library.
>
> Also the following variables:
>
> C-h v org-odt-lib-dir =>  "~/src/org-mode/lisp/"
> C-h v org-odt-styles-dir =>  "~/src/org-mode/etc/styles/"
>
> The first variable says wherefrom org-odt is loaded.
>
> The second variable -- which was newly introduced a 2-3 days ago --
> should tell where the default style files come from.
>
> If you are unable to find the second variable, then it most postively
> suggests that it is the old org-odt that is loaded.
>
>> 2. The #+ODT_STYLES_FILE directive
>>
>> does not seem to work. It's ignored and the value of
>> org-export-odt-styles-file is used instead.
>
> May be related to (1).
>
> Is everything OK when there is *no* ODT_STYLES_FILE and
> org-export-odt-styles-file is *reset* to nil?
>
>> 3. Current backend not set to 'odt?
>>
>> During ODT export, org-export-format-source-code-or-example
>> fails while trying to load a file called "org-nil". So apparently
>> org-export-current-backend fails to be passed the value 'odt on ODT
>> export.
>>
>> The latter problem could also explain why, trying to export a file
>> with verse environments, I got LaTeX mixed in with the ODT XML...
>
> I hope org-odt loads fine...
> Does M-x load-library RET org-odt RET report any errors?
>
>> Yours,
>> Christian

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-12-13 17:37 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-12-13 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> as the subject says.  Please all test this heavily and report
> any problems.  This will be part of Org 7.8 and soon in Emacs.
>
> Thanks a lot to Jambunathan for all this efforts, let's make
> sure everything is smooth before the release!
>
> Best,

I know I'm coming in late to this but thanks to Jambunathan for
this very useful exporter.  Seems to work very well.

I do have two questions.  My use case is very simple: I sometimes need
to give documents that others insist be in MS Word format.  Exporting to
ODT is an excellent route to achieve this aim.  Other than that, I don't
plan to use this much as I prefer exporting to latex + pdf...  In any
case, my questions are simple:

1. How do I tell the exporter to include the AUTHOR and DATE fields in
   the exported output?

2. I see where the default styles are and I am happy with these
   generally.  However, as a libreoffice n00b, how do I create my own
   style file that would be appropriate for the ODT exporter?  It's not
   so much about the creating of style files (although help in that
   regard would not be sniffed at ;-) but about whether there is a list
   of paragraph styles that can be customised somewhere?

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.381.g05ea.dirty)

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-13 19:23   ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-12-13 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

> 2. I see where the default styles are and I am happy with these
>     generally.  However, as a libreoffice n00b, how do I create my own
>     style file that would be appropriate for the ODT exporter?  It's not
>     so much about the creating of style files (although help in that
>     regard would not be sniffed at ;-) but about whether there is a list
>     of paragraph styles that can be customised somewhere?

The easiest way is now described in the manual: write your document in
Org, including all the sorts of stuff you might want to have styles
for, then export it to ODT, open it in LibreOffice, and tweak the
styles you find there. Because you exported it from Org, you can be
sure that the styles have the names the exporter uses. You can
customize any style, no limits.

LibreOffice's Styles and Formatting window is your friend (accessible
from the Format menu or from an icon usually at the far left of the
toolbar). It has tabbed lists of Paragraph, Character, Page, Frame and
List styles. Right-click on a style to modify it.

When your LibreOffice document looks like you want it to, simply save
it somewhere smart. The next time you export from Org, point
org-export-odt-styles-file to that file as your style template.

hth,
Christian

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-14  8:57     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-12-14  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

>> 2. I see where the default styles are and I am happy with these
>>     generally.  However, as a libreoffice n00b, how do I create my own
>>     style file that would be appropriate for the ODT exporter?  It's not
>>     so much about the creating of style files (although help in that
>>     regard would not be sniffed at ;-) but about whether there is a list
>>     of paragraph styles that can be customised somewhere?
>
> The easiest way is now described in the manual: write your document in

Thanks Christian!

> Org, including all the sorts of stuff you might want to have styles
> for, then export it to ODT, open it in LibreOffice, and tweak the
> styles you find there. Because you exported it from Org, you can be
> sure that the styles have the names the exporter uses. You can
> customize any style, no limits.

Okay, that makes perfect sense.

> When your LibreOffice document looks like you want it to, simply save
> it somewhere smart. The next time you export from Org, point
> org-export-odt-styles-file to that file as your style template.

Straightforward.

Of course, getting libreoffice to do what I want is another story... ;-)
I imagine I'll have to use a mouse :-(
Give me latex any day!

Thanks again,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.02 (release_7.8.02.2.g490d6a)

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-14 11:10       ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-12-14 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K.

> Of course, getting libreoffice to do what I want is another story... ;-)
> I imagine I'll have to use a mouse :-(

Well, you can always author your own styles file in plain XML
conforming to the ODF specification. No mouse required!...

;-)
Christian

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-14 14:15         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-12-14 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote:

> > Of course, getting libreoffice to do what I want is another story... ;-)
> > I imagine I'll have to use a mouse :-(
>
> Well, you can always author your own styles file in plain XML
> conforming to the ODF specification. No mouse required!...
>
> ;-)

... or write an elisp function to snag the XML style file from wherever
libreoffice squirrels it into emacs, where you can edit it - testing might
be a bit more painful though...

Nick

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-14 16:41           ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-12-14 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, mail

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote:
>

>> > Of course, getting libreoffice to do what I want is another story... ;-)
>> > I imagine I'll have to use a mouse :-(
>>
>> Well, you can always author your own styles file in plain XML
>> conforming to the ODF specification. No mouse required!...
>>
>> ;-)
>
> ... or write an elisp function to snag the XML style file from wherever
> libreoffice squirrels it into emacs, where you can edit it - testing might
> be a bit more painful though...

Ahh, two challenges; just what I need for the xmas break... ;-)

If I get really really bored, maybe an org -> xml exporter with
pre-defined templates for ODT styles...  No, I don't think I'll get that
bored!

--

@ 2011-12-14 18:48             ` Gary Oberbrunner
From: Gary Oberbrunner @ 2011-12-14 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Just wanted to say the latest version is working perfectly for me -- well
done!  ODT export is fine and LaTeX is still working too (some things have
changed recently that made me have to change some of my code *around*
org-mode, but that's as expected.)

--
-- Gary

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-12-14 20:28 ` Dave Marquardt
From: Dave Marquardt @ 2011-12-14 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 845 bytes --]

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> as the subject says.  Please all test this heavily and report
> any problems.  This will be part of Org 7.8 and soon in Emacs.
>
> Thanks a lot to Jambunathan for all this efforts, let's make
> sure everything is smooth before the release!

I installed Org 7.8.02 by downloading the tarball, untarring it, running
make, then make install install-info.  When I run org-export-as-odt by
C-c C-e o, I get this message:

       Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout

Setting debug-on-error, I get this traceback.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout")
  signal(error ("Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout"))
  error("Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout")
  byte-code("ÄÅ\b\"\x19ÄÆ\b\"\x1aÃǍ‰^[„\x16

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-14 21:35   ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-12-14 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Marquardt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 21:28, Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> When I run org-export-as-odt by C-c C-e o, I get this message:        Cannot find factory styles file.

I believe this is fixed in the git head.

--
Suvayu

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-14 21:56     ` Alan L Tyree
From: Alan L Tyree @ 2011-12-14 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: Dave Marquardt, emacs-orgmode

On 15/12/11 08:35:20, suvayu ali wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 21:28, Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com>
> wrote:
> > When I run org-export-as-odt by C-c C-e o, I get this message:
>  Cannot find factory styles file.
>
> I believe this is fixed in the git head.

I'm not so sure. I just pulled the latest and get the same error
message:

Debian Squeeze, emacs 23.2.1, LibreOffice 3.4.3.

Alan

> --
> Suvayu

Tel:  04 2748 6206		sip:172385@iptel.org

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-14 23:20       ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-12-14 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan L Tyree; +Cc: Dave Marquardt, emacs-orgmode

Hi Alan and Dave,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 22:56, Alan L Tyree <alantyree@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/12/11 08:35:20, suvayu ali wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 21:28, Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com>
>> wrote:
>> > When I run org-export-as-odt by C-c C-e o, I get this message:
>>  Cannot find factory styles file.
>>
>> I believe this is fixed in the git head.
>
> I'm not so sure. I just pulled the latest and get the same error
> message:
>
> Debian Squeeze, emacs 23.2.1, LibreOffice 3.4.3.

I was mistaken in saying it has been "fixed". Its actually a setup
problem reported originally by Christian. Take a look at the following
thread.

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/49846/focus=50001>

In case you still think its a bug causing the issue in your case, it
would be help if you could post an ECM (minimal complete example in
French) which replicates the problem.

--
Suvayu

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15  0:27         ` Alan L Tyree
From: Alan L Tyree @ 2011-12-15  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: Dave Marquardt, emacs-orgmode

On 15/12/11 10:20:44, suvayu ali wrote:
> Hi Alan and Dave,
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 22:56, Alan L Tyree <alantyree@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 15/12/11 08:35:20, suvayu ali wrote:
> >> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 21:28, Dave Marquardt
> <davemarq@us.ibm.com>
> >>  Cannot find factory styles file.
> >>
> >> I believe this is fixed in the git head.
> >
> > I'm not so sure. I just pulled the latest and get the same error
> > message:
> >
> > Debian Squeeze, emacs 23.2.1, LibreOffice 3.4.3.
> >

> I was mistaken in saying it has been "fixed". Its actually a setup
> problem reported originally by Christian. Take a look at the
> following
> thread.
>
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/49846/focus=50001>
>
> In case you still think its a bug causing the issue in your case, it
> would be help if you could post an ECM (minimal complete example in
> French) which replicates the problem.

That solved the problem. I was loading an old version.

This makes me feel stupid enough to go back to MS Word. Well, maybe not
THAT stupid!

Thanks,
Alan

@ 2011-12-15  7:01   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-15  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> 1. How do I tell the exporter to include the AUTHOR and DATE fields in
>    the exported output?

Pushed a fix for this.

> 2. I see where the default styles are and I am happy with these
>    generally.  However, as a libreoffice n00b, how do I create my own
>    style file that would be appropriate for the ODT exporter?  It's not
>    so much about the creating of style files (although help in that
>    regard would not be sniffed at ;-) but about whether there is a list
>    of paragraph styles that can be customised somewhere?

Ok. Can you be more specific?

Jambunathan K.

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15  7:16           ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-15  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan L Tyree; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Dave Marquardt

There is an implicit association between OpenDocument formats and MS
Word. I see no reason why this association should continue to linger
amidst masses even to this day where governments are actually clamouring
for open standards.

OpenDocument format has really nothing to do with MS Word.

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15  7:19       ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-15  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Give me latex any day!

Ok. Take it.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/to_each_his_own.

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15  7:24   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-15  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Marquardt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> writes:

> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>
>> as the subject says.  Please all test this heavily and report
>> any problems.  This will be part of Org 7.8 and soon in Emacs.
>>
>> Thanks a lot to Jambunathan for all this efforts, let's make
>> sure everything is smooth before the release!
>
> I installed Org 7.8.02 by downloading the tarball, untarring it, running
> make, then make install install-info.  When I run org-export-as-odt by
> C-c C-e o, I get this message:
>
>        Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout
>
> Setting debug-on-error, I get this traceback.

Did the suggestions in the followup posts work for you? Could you please
confirm.

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout")
>   signal(error ("Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout"))
>   error("Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout")
>   byte-code("दध\b\"दन\b\"थऩ‰„

Interesting to see Hindi here characters ...

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15  7:26           ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-15  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan L Tyree; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Dave Marquardt

Alan

> That solved the problem. I was loading an old version.

If you had copied "etc/styles" dir by hand to the installation dir I
would consider that a bug.

This copying should happen auto-magically.

I hope things work auto-magically now without any manual intervention.

* Re: [BUG] Various problems with org-odt export
@ 2011-12-15  7:48       ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-15  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

A small side-note.

While styles file have moved to root/etc/styles the schema files are
still in contrib. One can customize org-export-odt-schema-dir if one
sees that auto-validation of xml files doesn't happen anymore.

(schema files are in contrib because it will not be checked-into Emacs
proper.)

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15  8:58             ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-12-15  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: Dave Marquardt, emacs-orgmode, Alan L Tyree

On 12/15/11 8:26 AM, Jambunathan K wrote:

> Alan
>
>> That solved the problem. I was loading an old version.
>
> If you had copied "etc/styles" dir by hand to the installation dir I
> would consider that a bug.
>
> This copying should happen auto-magically.
>
> I hope things work auto-magically now without any manual intervention.

Not for me. Could be specific to make install into Emacs.app on Mac (I
know squat about this, except that we have to edit our Makefile to get
lisp and docs installed in the right place, and maybe we have to do
something special for the etc dir too?). Could someone confirm that
etc/styles is automatically installed on Linux / that it isn't on Mac?

Yours,
Christian

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15 10:07             ` Alan L Tyree
From: Alan L Tyree @ 2011-12-15 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Dave Marquardt

On 15/12/11 18:26:32, Jambunathan K wrote:

> Alan
>
> > That solved the problem. I was loading an old version.
>
> If you had copied "etc/styles" dir by hand to the installation dir I
> would consider that a bug.
>
> This copying should happen auto-magically.
>
> I hope things work auto-magically now without any manual
> intervention.

Everything is perfect. And I am very, very impressed with the odt
export.

My publishers require me to submit stuff in .doc format even though
they don't use it for publishing. This will be a fantastic boon for me
to deal with these people. Thanks so much Jambunathan.

OT: I am the author of a 600+ page textbook which I have written in
LaTeX and maintain through a version control system. They require
submission in Word, then I deal with an editor, then the publisher uses
a specialised version of docbook to publish. It is absolutely
infuriating!!

Tel:  04 2748 6206

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15 10:11               ` Alan L Tyree
From: Alan L Tyree @ 2011-12-15 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: Dave Marquardt, emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K

On 15/12/11 19:58:32, Christian Moe wrote:

> On 12/15/11 8:26 AM, Jambunathan K wrote:
> >
> > Alan
> >
> >> That solved the problem. I was loading an old version.
> >
> > If you had copied "etc/styles" dir by hand to the installation dir
> > would consider that a bug.
> >
> > This copying should happen auto-magically.
> >
> > I hope things work auto-magically now without any manual
> intervention.
>
> Not for me. Could be specific to make install into Emacs.app on Mac
> (I
>
> know squat about this, except that we have to edit our Makefile to
> get
>
> lisp and docs installed in the right place, and maybe we have to do
> something special for the etc dir too?). Could someone confirm that
> etc/styles is automatically installed on Linux / that it isn't on
> Mac?
Christian,
I am embarrassed to admit this in public, but my problem was that I
had:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/org-mode")

instead of:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp")

in my init.el.

I hope that your solution is as simple.

Alan

> Yours,
> Christian

Tel:  04 2748 6206

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15 11:20               ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-12-15 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: Dave Marquardt, emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K, Alan L Tyree

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:58, Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote:
> Could someone confirm that etc/styles is automatically installed on Linux /
> that it isn't on Mac?

I don't install after compiling org, but I checked with this:

$ make -n install | grep etc

So I guess that is the problem. The Makefile has no rule to install
etc files, so if you use 'make install' odt export fails.

Also a quick look at the Makefile seems to confirm this (at least in
my limited Makefile understanding)

install: install-lisp
install-lisp: $(LISPFILES) $(ELCFILES)
        if [ ! -d $(lispdir) ]; then $(MKDIR) $(lispdir); else true; fi ;
        $(CP) $(LISPFILES)  $(lispdir)
        $(CP) $(ELCFILES)   $(lispdir)

Suvayu

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15 13:59         ` Dave Marquardt
From: Dave Marquardt @ 2011-12-15 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Alan and Dave,
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 22:56, Alan L Tyree <alantyree@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 15/12/11 08:35:20, suvayu ali wrote:
>>>  Cannot find factory styles file.
>>>
>>> I believe this is fixed in the git head.
>>
>> I'm not so sure. I just pulled the latest and get the same error
>> message:
>>
>> Debian Squeeze, emacs 23.2.1, LibreOffice 3.4.3.
>>

> I was mistaken in saying it has been "fixed". Its actually a setup
> problem reported originally by Christian. Take a look at the following
> thread.
>
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/49846/focus=50001>
>
> In case you still think its a bug causing the issue in your case, it
> would be help if you could post an ECM (minimal complete example in
> French) which replicates the problem.

No, I don't think that thread has anything to do with my problem.  I had
not previously used the ODT exporter in any way.  When I run "make
install" I really expect all the necessary files to be installed in the
default location where the code expects to find them if I do no
customization.

I have not tried installing from the head, as I usually prefer to update
only at release boundaries, so I can't say yet whether this problem is
fixed by the latest changes.  I was frankly quite surprised that "make
install" didn't install the necessary pieces in 7.8.02.

-Dave

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15 14:03     ` Dave Marquardt
From: Dave Marquardt @ 2011-12-15 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 1308 bytes --]

> Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> writes:
>
>> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>>
>>> as the subject says.  Please all test this heavily and report
>>> any problems.  This will be part of Org 7.8 and soon in Emacs.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot to Jambunathan for all this efforts, let's make
>>> sure everything is smooth before the release!
>>
>> I installed Org 7.8.02 by downloading the tarball, untarring it, running
>> make, then make install install-info.  When I run org-export-as-odt by
>> C-c C-e o, I get this message:
>>
>>        Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout
>>
>> Setting debug-on-error, I get this traceback.
>
> Did the suggestions in the followup posts work for you? Could you please
> confirm.

I haven't had time to check.  I worked around the problem for now by
installing the style files by hand.

>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout")
>>   signal(error ("Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout"))
>>   error("Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout")
>>   byte-code("दध\b\"दन\b\"थऩ‰„
>
> Interesting to see Hindi here characters ...

Must be your font, as they show up as something else here.

-Dave

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15 16:56       ` Dave Marquardt
From: Dave Marquardt @ 2011-12-15 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> writes:

> Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> writes:

>>> I installed Org 7.8.02 by downloading the tarball, untarring it, running
>>> make, then make install install-info.  When I run org-export-as-odt by
>>> C-c C-e o, I get this message:
>>>
>>>        Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout
>>>
>>> Setting debug-on-error, I get this traceback.
>>
>> Did the suggestions in the followup posts work for you? Could you please
>> confirm.
>
> I haven't had time to check.  I worked around the problem for now by
> installing the style files by hand.

I tried again with a clean /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp.  I ran
"make all" and "make install install-info", and then tried to export a
file to ODT.  No change, same problem.

I believe the problem is that the install target in the Makefile doesn't
copy the style files to $(prefix)/share/emacs/etc/styles or
$(prefix)/share/emacs/site-lisp/etc/styles as the code expects.

-Dave

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15 17:06         ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-12-15 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Marquardt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Dave,

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/49846/focus=50181>

--
Suvayu

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-15 17:08         ` Dave Marquardt
From: Dave Marquardt @ 2011-12-15 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> writes:

> Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> writes:
>
>> Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Did the suggestions in the followup posts work for you? Could you please
>>> confirm.
>>
>> I haven't had time to check.  I worked around the problem for now by
>> installing the style files by hand.
>
> I tried again with a clean /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp.  I ran
> "make all" and "make install install-info", and then tried to export a
> file to ODT.  No change, same problem.
>
> I believe the problem is that the install target in the Makefile doesn't
> copy the style files to $(prefix)/share/emacs/etc/styles or
> $(prefix)/share/emacs/site-lisp/etc/styles as the code expects.

I modified the Makefile to do what I expected.  With this change, "make
install" copies the style files to $(prefix)/share/emacs/etc/styles, and
ODT export now works as expected.

Here's a unified diff:

--- Makefile~	2011-12-15 02:37:30.000000000 -0600
+++ Makefile	2011-12-15 11:02:57.054573287 -0600
@@ -19,6 +19,12 @@
 # Where local lisp files go.
 lispdir   = $(prefix)/share/emacs/site-lisp

+# Where etc files go.
+etcdir    = $(prefix)/share/emacs/etc
+
+# Where style files go
+stylesdir = $(etcdir)/styles
+
 # Where info files go.
 infodir = $(prefix)/share/info

@@ -175,6 +181,7 @@
 CARDFILES   = doc/orgcard.tex doc/orgcard.pdf doc/orgcard_letter.pdf
 TEXIFILES   = doc/org.texi
 INFOFILES   = doc/org
+STYLESFILES = etc/styles/OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml etc/styles/OrgOdtStyles.xml

 # Package Manager (ELPA)
 PKG_TAG = $(shell date +%Y%m%d)
@@ -211,7 +218,7 @@

 compile: $(ELCFILES0) $(ELCBFILES)

-install: install-lisp
+install: install-lisp install-etc

 doc: doc/org.html doc/org.pdf doc/orgcard.pdf doc/orgcard_letter.pdf doc/orgguide.pdf doc/orgcard.txt

@@ -231,6 +238,10 @@
 	$(CP) $(INFOFILES) $(infodir)
 	$(INSTALL_INFO) --infodir=$(infodir) $(INFOFILES)

+install-etc: $(STYLESFILES)
+	if [ ! -d $(stylesdir) ]; then $(MKDIR) $(stylesdir); else true; fi ;
+	$(CP) $(STYLESFILES) $(stylesdir)
+
 autoloads: lisp/org-install.el

 lisp/org-install.el: $(LISPFILES0) Makefile

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-16  9:02           ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-12-16  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> writes:
> +# Where etc files go.
> +etcdir    = $(prefix)/share/emacs/etc

That should better be $(lispdir)/etc or $(lispdir)/../etc — at least
those two are the only places that org-odt.el currently searches.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-16 12:37         ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-12-16 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> Give me latex any day!
>
> Ok. Take it.
>
> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/to_each_his_own.

Indeed!  and http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=YMMV

;-)

seriously, this is one of the best things about org mode: I can write in
org and, for the most part, not worry about how I will actually
disseminate the document (odt, html, pdf, ascii, ...) while creating the
content.

and, even more seriously, thank you for your contribution to this whole
process!  I may not use ODT exporting very often but when I do, it will
be greatly appreciated.

--

@ 2011-12-16 12:42     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-12-16 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> 1. How do I tell the exporter to include the AUTHOR and DATE fields in
>>    the exported output?
>
> Pushed a fix for this.

Thanks!  Works perfectly.  I now have to train myself to avoid
latex-isms in my author field, things like "\and" and "\\"... easily
done.

>> 2. I see where the default styles are and I am happy with these
>>    generally.  However, as a libreoffice n00b, how do I create my own
>>    style file that would be appropriate for the ODT exporter?  It's not
>>    so much about the creating of style files (although help in that
>>    regard would not be sniffed at ;-) but about whether there is a list
>>    of paragraph styles that can be customised somewhere?
>
> Ok. Can you be more specific?

It's okay.  Others in this thread have given me plenty suggestions on
how to do this!

Thanks again,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.02 (release_7.8.02.8.g8fb0)

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-20 23:18           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-20 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Marquardt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Dave,

Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> writes:

> I modified the Makefile to do what I expected.  With this change, "make
> install" copies the style files to $(prefix)/share/emacs/etc/styles, and
> ODT export now works as expected.

Thanks for the patch -- I've applied it, using

  etcdir    = $(lispdir)/../etc

as Achim suggested.

Best,

--

@ 2011-12-20 23:24             ` Dave Marquardt
From: Dave Marquardt @ 2011-12-20 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Dave Marquardt <davemarq@us.ibm.com> writes:
>
>> I modified the Makefile to do what I expected.  With this change, "make
>> install" copies the style files to $(prefix)/share/emacs/etc/styles, and
>> ODT export now works as expected.
>
> Thanks for the patch -- I've applied it, using
>
>   etcdir    = $(lispdir)/../etc
>
> as Achim suggested.

Cool.  Thanks!

-Dave

* Re: The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
@ 2011-12-21  8:50               ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-12-21  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Marquardt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, now it works.