Ihor Radchenko writes: > Martin Marshall writes: > >> Hi, the docstring of `org-ctags-create-tags` says it should "(Re)create >> tags file in the directory of the active buffer," creating tags from the >> internal links found in the org files. However, it always creates an >> empty TAGS file. >> >> The cause appears to be a pair of escaped quotes used with >> `shell-command` when it calls the "ctags" executable. >> ... >> I've attached a patch against the current Emacs master branch. I hope >> that's sufficient, given the minimal nature of the change. > > Thanks! > Applied, onto main. > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=981402a93 Doesn't this change mean that it will now break when the expanded path has whitespace characters in it? The shell expansion should work if the asterisk is outside of the quotes. I've attached an (untested) patch to explain what I mean. -- Morgan Willcock