* org-jira.el updated
@ 2012-01-06 16:09 Bao Haojun
From: Bao Haojun @ 2012-01-06 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, all

I have updated the org-jira.el as suggested by Bastien and Richard
Riley:

- Renamed jira2 to jiralib, to avoid confusion with the '2' and add the
  note that it is a library (I looked to merge with jira.el, but backed
  off as I myself do not use jira-mode).

- Fixed a bug for emacs version < 23 when login.

- Merged the jira link type by Jonathan Arkell.

As a result, a minor change to installation in .emacs (emacswiki
updated):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq jiralib-url "http://jira-host")
(require 'org-jira) ;jiralib is not explicitly required, since org-jira will load it
#+end_src

--
All the best

 Bao Haojun

* Re: org-jira.el updated
@ 2012-01-06 16:47 ` Ken Williams
From: Ken Williams @ 2012-01-06 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bao Haojun <baohaojun <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I have updated the org-jira.el as suggested by Bastien and Richard
> Riley:

Amazing.  Just 120 seconds ago I got out of a meeting where we talked about
using Jira more widely in our company, and I worried that I'd duplicate too much
between my org-mode journals and the Jira tracker.

Then I go look at the org-mode list and this is the first message I see.  =)

I'm going to need to upgrade to org-mode 7.8 and try this out.

 -Ken

* Re: org-jira.el updated
@ 2012-01-06 17:24   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2012-01-06 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ken Williams <kenahoo@gmail.com> writes:

> Bao Haojun <baohaojun <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> I have updated the org-jira.el as suggested by Bastien and Richard
>> Riley:
>
> Amazing.  Just 120 seconds ago I got out of a meeting where we talked about
> using Jira more widely in our company, and I worried that I'd duplicate too much
> between my org-mode journals and the Jira tracker.
>
> Then I go look at the org-mode list and this is the first message I see.  =)
>
> I'm going to need to upgrade to org-mode 7.8 and try this out.

I would love to see a video of jira being used in conjunction with
org-mode.

Anyone have one?

* Re: org-jira.el updated
@ 2012-01-07 15:38     ` Bao Haojun
From: Bao Haojun @ 2012-01-07 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Richard Riley <rileyrg@gmail.com> writes:

> Ken Williams <kenahoo@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Bao Haojun <baohaojun <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>> I have updated the org-jira.el as suggested by Bastien and Richard
>>> Riley:
>>
>> Amazing.  Just 120 seconds ago I got out of a meeting where we talked about
>> using Jira more widely in our company, and I worried that I'd duplicate too much
>> between my org-mode journals and the Jira tracker.
>>
>> Then I go look at the org-mode list and this is the first message I see.  =)
>>
>> I'm going to need to upgrade to org-mode 7.8 and try this out.
>>

> I would love to see a video of jira being used in conjunction with
> org-mode.
>
> Anyone have one?

Good idea! I have recorded one and uploaded it to YouTube:

http://youtu.be/6Sp3h1Qlf4w

--
All the best

 Bao Haojun