* Missing contrib packages
@ 2013-12-17 12:44 Francesco Pizzolante
From: Francesco Pizzolante @ 2013-12-17 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have Org-mode version 8.2.4 (8.2.4-8-gf1b933-elpaplus @
c:/Users/fpz/Documents/home/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20131216/).

I notice that I miss several packages like htmlize (important) and
org-effectiveness.

My questions are:

- why, in the org-plus-contrib from elpa, I miss these packages (present
  in the master branch)?

- why, in the release version 8.2.4 downloaded from http://orgmode.org/,
  I have htmlize but not org-effectiveness?

Thanks a lot,
 Francesco

* Re: Missing contrib packages
@ 2013-12-22  8:44 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-12-22  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Francesco,

"Francesco Pizzolante"
<fpz-djc/iPCCuDYQheJpep6IedvLeJWuRmrY@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I have Org-mode version 8.2.4 (8.2.4-8-gf1b933-elpaplus @
> c:/Users/fpz/Documents/home/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20131216/).
>
> I notice that I miss several packages like htmlize (important) and
> org-effectiveness.
>
> My questions are:
>
> - why, in the org-plus-contrib from elpa, I miss these packages (present
>   in the master branch)?

org-plus-contrib is created from maint.

org-effectiveness.el is only in master so far.

htmlize.el was not included so far when packaging the org-plus-contrib
ELPA package, I fixed this, thanks.

> - why, in the release version 8.2.4 downloaded from http://orgmode.org/,
>   I have htmlize but not org-effectiveness?

Because it is packaged from maint.  All releases are packaged from the
maint branch, not the master branch.

Hope this clarifies,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Missing contrib packages
@ 2013-12-23  9:38   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-12-23  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 22.12.2013 09:44, schrieb Bastien:
> htmlize.el was not included so far when packaging the org-plus-contrib
> ELPA package, I fixed this, thanks.

There is nothing to fix here, if you install Org from ELPA presumably
you'd be able to install htmlize via package manager also.  Org has no
business distributing this file via ELPA.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)

* Re: Missing contrib packages
@ 2013-12-23 14:45     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-12-23 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Achim,

Achim Gratz wrote:
> Am 22.12.2013 09:44, schrieb Bastien:
>> htmlize.el was not included so far when packaging the
>> org-plus-contrib ELPA package, I fixed this, thanks.
>
> There is nothing to fix here, if you install Org from ELPA presumably
> you'd be able to install htmlize via package manager also. Org has no
> business distributing this file via ELPA.

I'm not sure about that.

AFAIU, Org has its own (patched) version of htmlize.el, (one of the)
reason it's in contrib.

  ╭────
  │ htmlize.el 21 November 2008 :
  │ ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden>
  │ ;; Modified by: Carsten Dominik <carsten at orgmode dot org>
  ╰────

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-07/msg00430.html
and http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15484.

Or was it "had it own version", as I don't see Carsten's name anymore in
the file header?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Missing contrib packages
@ 2014-01-04 16:42   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-01-04 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
> htmlize.el was not included so far when packaging the org-plus-contrib
> ELPA package, I fixed this, thanks.

Again, this isn't our file and we shouldn't distribute it via package
manager.  It screws up everyone who installs htmlize via ELPA or MELPA,
please revert that commit.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Missing contrib packages
@ 2014-01-04 17:02     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-04 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Bastien writes:
>> htmlize.el was not included so far when packaging the org-plus-contrib
>> ELPA package, I fixed this, thanks.
>
> Again, this isn't our file and we shouldn't distribute it via package
> manager.  It screws up everyone who installs htmlize via ELPA or MELPA,
> please revert that commit.

Can you do it and provide a way to make org-plus-contrib depends on
<the correct version of the htmlize package?

 Bastien

* Re: Missing contrib packages
@ 2014-01-04 17:16       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-04 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Can you do it and provide a way to make org-plus-contrib depends on
> the correct version of the htmlize package?

Actually I just did so myself.  In retrospect, htmlize.el is not a
dependency, just something used.

--
 Bastien