* Collecting unique selling proposition (USP) of Org-mode
@ 2014-06-28 11:43 Karl Voit
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Karl Voit @ 2014-06-28 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I was wondering if there are people out there who also need Org-mode
features that are *not part of any other software solution*. For the
usual question "why should I learn Emacs/Org-mode?" I'd like to have
a list of cool Org-mode features that demonstrate the benefit.

So, how about a short brainstorming here and a new Worg-page
collecting those things?

I start with:

* seamlessly integrating notes, spreadsheet calculations, tasks, and
more at one single place

* being able to pipe results of program written in language A to
another script in language B (babel)

* quick and simple defining dependencies between tasks such as
"doing groceries" is required for "cooking fancy dinner"
(org-depend)

... I am sure, you have a pretty good idea what to add to this list
as well. So: add it :-)

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github