* How to change color of (part of) agenda header
@ 2014-08-05 21:22 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-08-05 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

I'm trying to get part of the agenda header in another color, here
"TODAY":

  (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
               `("f" "Today"
                 (;; list of all TODO entries with deadline today
                  (tags-todo "DEADLINE=\"<+0d>\""
                             ((org-agenda-overriding-header
                               (concat "DUE " #("TODAY" 0 4 (face (:foreground "red")))))
                              (org-agenda-skip-function
                               '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notdeadline)))))
                 ((org-agenda-format-date ""))) t)

The goal is to make what's unique and different from the next agenda
blocks very outstanding.

Though, it does not work: text is simply copied, as if text properties
did not exist.

Am I missing something, or writing it in a buggy way?

Best regards,
  Seb

PS- I tried strings with `propertize' as well, with no more success.

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: How to change color of (part of) agenda header
@ 2014-08-05 22:08 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-08-05 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get part of the agenda header in another color, here
> "TODAY":
>
>   (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>                `("f" "Today"
>                  (;; list of all TODO entries with deadline today
>                   (tags-todo "DEADLINE=\"<+0d>\""
>                              ((org-agenda-overriding-header
>                                (concat "DUE " #("TODAY" 0 4 (face (:foreground "red")))))
>                               (org-agenda-skip-function
>                                '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notdeadline)))))
>                  ((org-agenda-format-date ""))) t)
>
> The goal is to make what's unique and different from the next agenda
> blocks very outstanding.
>
> Though, it does not work: text is simply copied, as if text properties
> did not exist.
>
> Am I missing something, or writing it in a buggy way?

The limits should be 0 and 5 to get the whole word, but that's not the
problem here: if you do C-c a f to display the agenda and then do C-u
C-x = on (say) the T of "Today", you will see that the face is
org-agenda-structure. Doing a grep for that in the org lisp directory
will quickly lead you to this:

,----
| 	  (if org-agenda-overriding-header
| 	      (insert (org-add-props (copy-sequence org-agenda-overriding-header)
| 			  nil 'face 'org-agenda-structure) "\n")
`----

so it doesn't matter what face property the header had to begin with:
what is inserted into the buffer is given a different face property.

--
Nick

* Re: How to change color of (part of) agenda header
@ 2014-08-06  7:26   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-08-06  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Nick,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>> I'm trying to get part of the agenda header in another color, here
>> "TODAY":
>>
>>   (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>>                `("f" "Today"
>>                  (;; list of all TODO entries with deadline today
>>                   (tags-todo "DEADLINE=\"<+0d>\""
>>                              ((org-agenda-overriding-header
>>                                (concat "DUE " #("TODAY" 0 4 (face (:foreground "red")))))
>>                               (org-agenda-skip-function
>>                                '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notdeadline)))))
>>                  ((org-agenda-format-date ""))) t)
>>
>> The goal is to make what's unique and different from the next agenda
>> blocks very outstanding.
>>
>> Though, it does not work: text is simply copied, as if text properties
>> did not exist.
>>
>> Am I missing something, or writing it in a buggy way?
>
> The limits should be 0 and 5 to get the whole word,

I had doubts on this, and as I couldn't see the results of my change...

> but that's not the problem here: if you do C-c a f to display the
> agenda and then do C-u C-x = on (say) the T of "Today", you will see
> that the face is org-agenda-structure. Doing a grep for that in the
> org lisp directory will quickly lead you to this:
>
> ,----
> | 	  (if org-agenda-overriding-header
> | 	      (insert (org-add-props (copy-sequence org-agenda-overriding-header)
> | 			  nil 'face 'org-agenda-structure) "\n")
> `----
>
> so it doesn't matter what face property the header had to begin with:
> what is inserted into the buffer is given a different face property.

IIUC, you mean there's absolutely no way to do what I'd like to have?

Except, for example, setting a background if `org-agenda-structure' does
not have one already?  Not of much use, though.

What a pity.

Can't I add a face (should be easy, like above), and get mine applied
"above" `org-agenda-structure'?

Best regards,
  Seb

--