* TAB completion for org-insert-link C-c C-l
@ 2009-07-19 20:47 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-19 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I just pushed a small change I would like to hear feedback about.

The basic idea is to allow TAB completion to suggest stored links when
inserting a link with C-c C-l.  Here is the log from the git repo:

,----[ Also use TAB for completion with org-insert-link. ]
| Before this patch the completion mechanism was this: TAB let's you
| complete through link prefixes (gnus: file: bbdb: ...) then RET allows
| completion if a completion mechanism is available for the chosen prefix.
| Navigating through the history of stored links was a separate process,
| available through the up/down M-n/M-p keys.
|
| Now TAB not only completes through link prefixes but also through stored
| links.  This behavior matches other Emacs completion mechanisms a bit
| more closely.
`----

What do you think?

--
 Bastien

* Re: TAB completion for org-insert-link C-c C-l
@ 2009-07-20 16:26 ` Chris Gray
From: Chris Gray @ 2009-07-20 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien wrote:

> Hi all,

> I just pushed a small change I would like to hear feedback about.

> The basic idea is to allow TAB completion to suggest stored links when
> inserting a link with C-c C-l.  Here is the log from the git repo:

> ,----[ Also use TAB for completion with org-insert-link. ]
> | Before this patch the completion mechanism was this: TAB let's you
> | complete through link prefixes (gnus: file: bbdb: ...) then RET allows
> | completion if a completion mechanism is available for the chosen prefix.
> | Navigating through the history of stored links was a separate process,
> | available through the up/down M-n/M-p keys.
> |
> | Now TAB not only completes through link prefixes but also through stored
> | links.  This behavior matches other Emacs completion mechanisms a bit
> | more closely.
> `----

> What do you think?

I love this idea.  It had always annoyed me that ido said (No matches)
when I was inputting a valid link.

Cheers,
Chris

* Re: TAB completion for org-insert-link C-c C-l
@ 2009-08-03  4:31 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-03  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Looks good to me, thanks!