* Making org-agenda-list hide items scheduled for the future
@ 2014-01-17 22:27 Michael Hoffman
From: Michael Hoffman @ 2014-01-17 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use the weekly/daily agenda and want to be able to use the SCHEDULED
keyword to hide items until the scheduled time comes up. I don't want to
think about them until then. How can I set up org-agenda-list to do this?

This is the list of agenda items, not the TODO list. I already have
org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled set to future. It does not help.

I am using org-mode 8.2.4, Emacs 24.3.2, CentOS Linux 6.5.

Michael Hoffman

* Re: Making org-agenda-list hide items scheduled for the future
@ 2014-01-19 10:16 ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2014-01-19 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Michael,

Michael Hoffman wrote:
> I use the weekly/daily agenda and want to be able to use the SCHEDULED keyword
> to hide items until the scheduled time comes up. I don't want to think about
> them until then. How can I set up org-agenda-list to do this?
>
> This is the list of agenda items, not the TODO list. I already have
> org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled set to future. It does not help.

See my answer on StackOverflow.

Fabrice Niessen

--
Fabrice Niessen
Leuven, Belgium

* Re: Making org-agenda-list hide items scheduled for the future
@ 2014-01-19 10:37   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-19 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Niessen; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Fabrice,

"Fabrice Niessen" <fni-news-TA4HMoP+1wHrZ44/DZwexQ@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Michael Hoffman wrote:
>> I use the weekly/daily agenda and want to be able to use the SCHEDULED keyword
>> to hide items until the scheduled time comes up. I don't want to think about
>> them until then. How can I set up org-agenda-list to do this?
>>
>> This is the list of agenda items, not the TODO list. I already have
>> org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled set to future. It does not help.
>
> See my answer on StackOverflow.

Can you post it here too?

It's good to be able to point at the solution directly on the mailing
list, it encourages people to join the mailing list.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Making org-agenda-list hide items scheduled for the future
@ 2014-01-19 13:52   ` Nick Dokos
       [not found]     ` <87y52ccc4h.fsf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-01-19 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Fabrice Niessen" <fni-news@pirilampo.org>
writes:

> Hello Michael,
>
> Michael Hoffman wrote:
>> I use the weekly/daily agenda and want to be able to use the SCHEDULED keyword
>> to hide items until the scheduled time comes up. I don't want to think about
>> them until then. How can I set up org-agenda-list to do this?
>>
>> This is the list of agenda items, not the TODO list. I already have
>> org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled set to future. It does not help.
>
> See my answer on StackOverflow.

It would be useful if you could post a link to your answer.

--
Nick

@ 2014-01-20 15:24       ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2014-01-20 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Nick,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> "Fabrice Niessen" <fni-news-TA4HMoP+1wHrZ44/DZwexQ@public.gmane.org> writes:
>> Michael Hoffman wrote:
>>> I use the weekly/daily agenda and want to be able to use the SCHEDULED keyword
>>> to hide items until the scheduled time comes up. I don't want to think about
>>> them until then. How can I set up org-agenda-list to do this?
>>>
>>> This is the list of agenda items, not the TODO list. I already have
>>> org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled set to future. It does not help.
>>
>> See my answer on StackOverflow.
>
> It would be useful if you could post a link to your answer.

Yes; such double postings of questions on both SO and the ML aren't
particularly great (and should not be encouraged)...

Here's the link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21118288/making-org-agenda-list-hide-items-scheduled-for-the-future/21120864

I had no reaction of the OP for 2 days. Dunno if the response resolves
his problem.

Best regards,
Fabrice

--
Fabrice Niessen
Leuven, Belgium

* Re: Making org-agenda-list hide items scheduled for the future
@ 2014-01-24 20:39         ` Michael Hoffman
From: Michael Hoffman @ 2014-01-24 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 01/20/2014 10:24 AM, Fabrice Niessen wrote:
> Hello Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos wrote:

>>> See my answer on StackOverflow.
>>
>> It would be useful if you could post a link to your answer.
>
> Yes; such double postings of questions on both SO and the ML aren't
> particularly great (and should not be encouraged)...

I should have mentioned the previous question on Stack Overflow. Thanks
for your response there and here. However, they did not solve my
problem. So I decided that this mailing list would have been a better
venue to ask.

> Here's the link:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21118288/making-org-agenda-list-hide-items-scheduled-for-the-future/21120864
>
> I had no reaction of the OP for 2 days. Dunno if the response resolves
> his problem.

It doesn't. I am trying to change the daily/weekly list of agenda items
(org-agenda-list). Your responses there seem to affect the global TODO
list but not the (org-todo-list).

Is there a way to hide items in the weekly/daily agenda until they are
SCHEDULED?

Thanks,
Michael Hoffman