* Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 102, Issue 5
       [not found] <mailman.99.1407254439.25095.emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
@ 2014-08-05 16:53 ` Salome =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F6dergran ?=
From: Salome =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F6dergran ?= @ 2014-08-05 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> "Salome "S?dergran\"" wrote:
> > I'm looking for a way to make orgmode export quote signs to LaTeX's \enquote{}.
> > On stackoverflow.com (1) I found a solution that uses
> >   (setq org-export-with-smart-quotes t)
> >   (add-to-list 'org-export-smart-quotes-alist .....)
> > but on my system I find neither the variable org-export-with-smart-quotes nor
> > org-export-smartcodes-alist.
> >
> > Am I missing something or has the procedure been changed in the meanwhile?
>
> You don't use Org mode 8, don't you?  Well, that'd explain...
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb
>
> --
> Sebastien Vauban

With M-x org-version I get:
  Org-mode version 8.2.7b (8.2.7b-2-g798733-elpaplus @ /home/salome/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140721/)

So the version ought to be ok. What else could be the reason for the missing variables?

Best, Salome

* Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 102, Issue 5
@ 2014-08-05 17:36   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-08-05 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Salome "Södergran\"" <salome.soedergran@gmx.ch> writes:

>> "Salome "S?dergran\"" wrote:
>> > I'm looking for a way to make orgmode export quote signs to LaTeX's \enquote{}.
>> > On stackoverflow.com (1) I found a solution that uses
>> >   (setq org-export-with-smart-quotes t)
>> >   (add-to-list 'org-export-smart-quotes-alist .....)
>> > but on my system I find neither the variable org-export-with-smart-quotes nor
>> > org-export-smartcodes-alist.
>> >
>> > Am I missing something or has the procedure been changed in the meanwhile?
>>
>> You don't use Org mode 8, don't you?  Well, that'd explain...
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Seb
>>
>> --
>> Sebastien Vauban
>
> With M-x org-version I get:
>   Org-mode version 8.2.7b (8.2.7b-2-g798733-elpaplus @ /home/salome/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140721/)
>
> So the version ought to be ok. What else could be the reason for the missing variables?

The variable is defined in ox.el. Try

  M-x locate-library RET ox RET

and if that shows the right provenance, try

  M-x load-library RET ox-le RET

and see if the variable is defined. But note that you *should not have*
to do this: it should work right off the bat.

If the problem persists (even after you restart emacs), I would suspect
a "mixed installation" (search the list for this).

Nick

* Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 102, Issue 5
@ 2014-08-05 18:09     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-08-05 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

>>> You don't use Org mode 8, don't you?  Well, that'd explain...
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>   Seb
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sebastien Vauban
>>
>> With M-x org-version I get:
>>   Org-mode version 8.2.7b (8.2.7b-2-g798733-elpaplus @ /home/salome/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140721/)
>>
>> So the version ought to be ok. What else could be the reason for the missing variables?
>>

> The variable is defined in ox.el. Try
>
>   M-x locate-library RET ox RET
>
> and if that shows the right provenance, try
>
>   M-x load-library RET ox-le RET

Bah, humbug:

    M-x load-libary RET ox RET

No idea what my fingers were thinking at the time...

* Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 102, Issue 5
@ 2014-08-06  7:37       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-08-06  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Nick Dokos <ndokos-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

>>> With M-x org-version I get:
>>>   Org-mode version 8.2.7b (8.2.7b-2-g798733-elpaplus @
>>> /home/salome/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140721/)
>>>
>>> So the version ought to be ok. What else could be the reason for the missing variables?
>>
>> The variable is defined in ox.el. Try
>>
>>   M-x locate-library RET ox RET
>>
>> and if that shows the right provenance, try
>
>     M-x load-libary RET ox RET

I wonder as well if it's not related to the LaTeX babel package *and*
the #+LANGUAGE: keyword.

FWIW, I do have this in my .emacs:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
    ;; include the `babel' package for language-specific hyphenation and
    ;; typography
    (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("french" "babel") t)
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--