* Changing behaviour of {:} in column view?
@ 2014-01-14 20:08 Luke Crook
From: Luke Crook @ 2014-01-14 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In column view, org-mode sums 3xSubtasks each having an effort of "1d" as "1d
0:00".  Is there a way to change the sum to display this as "3d"?

/Luke

* Re: Changing behaviour of {:} in column view?
@ 2014-01-15  8:53 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-01-15  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Luke Crook wrote:
> In column view, org-mode sums 3xSubtasks each having an effort of "1d" as "1d
> 0:00".  Is there a way to change the sum to display this as "3d"?

You could try to attach an ECM (« Exemple Complet Minimal », or minimal
working example) demo'ing your problem. That'd save time for people to
try to confirm the problem, and eventually fix it.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Changing behaviour of {:} in column view?
@ 2014-01-15 18:30   ` Luke Crook
From: Luke Crook @ 2014-01-15 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@...> writes:

> Luke Crook wrote:
> > In column view, org-mode sums 3xSubtasks each having an effort of "1d"
as "1d
> > 0:00".  Is there a way to change the sum to display this as "3d"?
>
> You could try to attach an ECM (« Exemple Complet Minimal », or minimal
> working example) demo'ing your problem. That'd save time for people to
> try to confirm the problem, and eventually fix it.

Yes, I should have done.

The following shows the sum of Tasks 1/2/3 as "1d 00:00" in column view,
which is correct as this reflects the actual number of hours of effort (8
hours a day).  My question is, can this be displayed assuming 'n' hours of
effort a day and shown in days? So the sum of Effort in this case would be
displayed as "3d".

* Test
:PROPERTIES:
:ID:       Tasks