If it is deprecated in Org mode, maybe we can print a warning message in echo area? > but this question will keep coming over and > over and over until the end of times. Yet I tried searching Org manual, and also here the mailing list archive, before posting my latest lame message here. Maybe I did not use the correct keyword, maybe something else. > Clearly, there is a need for the dash, and given the quality and > syntactic stability of TeX, the problem is not going anywhere > ... ever. Absolutely.