* How Are Others Customizing LaTeX Export?
@ 2009-09-16 21:50 Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2009-09-16 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've written a few LaTeX templates for use with Emacs Muse, and I am
looking at ways to use them with Org.  For example, I have one template
that generates a custom title page with my company's logo, my email
address, and phone number.

After reading the manual and looking at the org-latex.el code it doesn't
look like it would be easy to customize the export in this way.

For the title page I could use the org-export-latex-title-command
variable, other customizations can use #+LATEX_HEADER:, but for stuff
like multicol that needs to do an \end{multicols} before \end{document}
it doesn't currently seem possible.

Is anyone else doing LaTeX customization with Org?

--
Peter Jones - 303-219-0226
pmade inc.  - http://pmade.com

* RE: How Are Others Customizing LaTeX Export?
@ 2009-09-16 23:07 ` Bart Bunting
From: Bart Bunting @ 2009-09-16 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Peter Jones', emacs-orgmode

Peter,

I am no expert at LaTeX.  However in response to a request I made recently
on this list Tim Burt spent time assisting me put together a template that I
can use to produce pdfs in the format our company requires.

I have attached a copy of the template to this email in the hope that it may
help others create their own templates.  It is working very well for me so
far.  There are still a few bits that can't be expressed entirely in org
syntax thus requiring the LaTeX style file.

Tim's explanation of how to use it is below.

Thanks again go out to Tim for his help with this!

Regards

Bart

There are two main files and one supporting file needed for the suite
to work:
 - ursysrpt-template.org :: Template org file that produces a
   URSYS report in PDF using LaTeX.
 - ursysrpt.sty :: The LaTeX style file that defines the
   headers, footers, and title page.
 - ursys.png :: Logo used by ursysrprt.sty.

Follow these few steps to initiate a new report.
 1. Copy the template file ursysrpt-template.org to another name
    (e.g. mydoc.org)
 2. Edit the configuration items at the top of mydoc.org
 3. Start the version table
 4. Compile the document using =org-export-as-pdf=
 5. Generate creative content using orgmode syntax

I've written a few LaTeX templates for use with Emacs Muse, and I am
looking at ways to use them with Org.  For example, I have one template
that generates a custom title page with my company's logo, my email
address, and phone number.

After reading the manual and looking at the org-latex.el code it doesn't
look like it would be easy to customize the export in this way.

For the title page I could use the org-export-latex-title-command
variable, other customizations can use #+LATEX_HEADER:, but for stuff
like multicol that needs to do an \end{multicols} before \end{document}
it doesn't currently seem possible.

Is anyone else doing LaTeX customization with Org?

--
Peter Jones - 303-219-0226
pmade inc.  - http://pmade.com

[-- Attachment #2: URSYS-ENG-Document-LaTeX.tar.gz --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Size: 67405 bytes --]

* Re: How Are Others Customizing LaTeX Export?
@ 2009-09-17  2:43   ` Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2009-09-17  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Bart Bunting" <bart@ursys.com.au> writes:
> I am no expert at LaTeX.  However in response to a request I made recently
> on this list Tim Burt spent time assisting me put together a template that I
> can use to produce pdfs in the format our company requires.
>
> I have attached a copy of the template to this email in the hope that it may
> help others create their own templates.  It is working very well for me so
> far.  There are still a few bits that can't be expressed entirely in org
> syntax thus requiring the LaTeX style file.
>
> Tim's explanation of how to use it is below.

This is great, it gives me a lot to think about and learn ;)

--
Peter Jones - 303-219-0226
pmade inc.  - http://pmade.com