Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Sebastien Vauban writes: >> Nicolas Goaziou wrote: >>> Sebastien Vauban writes: >>> >>>> Did I misunderstand the change of last year (Dec '13) or should `sh' >>>> language be abandoned in favor of `shell'? >>> >>> I think you're right. >>> >>>> IIUC, then, those blocks should be updated: ... >>>> And those inline calls as well: ... >>>> I am willing to make the patch. >>> >>> Great. Please do. >> >> Here it is. > > Thanks. > > Unfortunately, I'm still unable to apply your patch. Before using "git > format-patch", please ensure that your patch is the only one on top of > HEAD, and send it again. Here is a patch you can apply with no problem -- just checked it on a fresh copy of master. And you know what? I've understood the problem: when editing the *patch file* to include the results of `C-x 4 a', and *saving* it, all the trailing spaces *in the patch file* are removed, because of my custom: #+begin_src emacs-lisp (add-hook 'before-save-hook (lambda () ;; Nuke all trailing whitespaces in the ;; buffer. (unless (eq major-mode 'message-mode) (delete-trailing-whitespace)))) #+end_src Hence, Git fails to find some of the lines it searches for, when trying to apply my changes... Best regards, Seb -- Sebastien Vauban