* simple spreadsheet question - hlines affecting formulas
@ 2008-10-17 21:00 Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA)
From: Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA) @ 2008-10-17 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

The following spreadsheet behaves as expected, and every time I hit C-c* on the "Total" row, the formula recalculates to 0.4

| Name  | Percent |
| Foo   |      .1 |
| Bar   |      .3 |
| Total |     0.4 |
#+TBLFM: @4$2=vsum(@2..@-1)

The following spreadsheet is exactly the same, and has exactly the same formula for cell @4$2, except that I've added horizontal lines.  I thought horizontal lines are ignored during calculations, but now whenever I hit C-c* on the "Total" row, the vsum seems to include the value of @4$2, which I expected would be left out of the "@2..@-1" range.

|-------+---------|
| Name  | Percent |
|-------+---------|
| Foo   |      .1 |
|-------+---------|
| Bar   |      .3 |
|-------+---------|
| Total |     2.8 |
|-------+---------|
#+TBLFM: @4$2=vsum(@2..@-1)

Is this a bug?
Thanks.

--Greg
--
Gregory T. Sullivan, Ph.D.
BAE Systems Advanced Information Technologies

* Re: simple spreadsheet question - hlines affecting formulas
@ 2008-10-19  9:23 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-19  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA); +Cc: Org Mode List

Relative row specifications do not cross horizontal separator lines,
this is documented in the manual.

- Carsten