* Re: BNF grammar (was Concerns about community contributor support)
@ 2021-04-21 10:47 Gerry Agbobada
From: Gerry Agbobada @ 2021-04-21 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tgbugs; +Cc: William Rankin via General discussions about Org-mode.

I just saw your message, and I wonder if there's an "official" channel to discuss these efforts. I have no experience in theoretical parsing/lexing, but I'm interested in learning and spending some time on externalizing org-mode parsing to make it actually available outside of Emacs.

I have a bunch of questions like "how do you currently setup your test harness for that ?" "Do you know the current limitations of this model ?" and stuff like that.

At least, I could try to use that BNF grammar with something like LPeg, to see if I can get a somehow working lua parser for org-mode (going for lua here because I'd prefer an easy-to-embed / small-runtime-dependency parsing helper basically)

Seeing this was a great news for the day to me, so thanks :)

Gerry Agbobada