* Does ELPA package work??
@ 2014-04-01 22:59 David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2014-04-01 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've installed the complete Cygwin setup on my Windows 8.1 system.  This
included Emacs 24.3 with Org v7.9.3f.  I then used the Emacs package
system to install the latest version of Org (20140317 or 8.2.5h).
Everything seemed to go without a problem, but org-version still says
7.9.3f with nothing in my .emacs.  Is there something I need to do to
ensure that the new package is initialized?  I see that the new Org
package directory has been added to load-path.

--
David Masterson

* Re: Does ELPA package work??
@ 2014-04-03 17:47 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-04-03 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

David Masterson writes:
> I've installed the complete Cygwin setup on my Windows 8.1 system.  This
> included Emacs 24.3 with Org v7.9.3f.  I then used the Emacs package
> system to install the latest version of Org (20140317 or 8.2.5h).
> Everything seemed to go without a problem, but org-version still says
> 7.9.3f with nothing in my .emacs.  Is there something I need to do to
> ensure that the new package is initialized?  I see that the new Org
> package directory has been added to load-path.

Put

(package-initialize)

at the very beginning of your .emacs.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Does ELPA package work??
@ 2014-04-05  7:20   ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2014-04-05  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz writes:

> David Masterson writes:
>> I've installed the complete Cygwin setup on my Windows 8.1 system.  This
>> included Emacs 24.3 with Org v7.9.3f.  I then used the Emacs package
>> system to install the latest version of Org (20140317 or 8.2.5h).
>> Everything seemed to go without a problem, but org-version still says
>> 7.9.3f with nothing in my .emacs.  Is there something I need to do to
>> ensure that the new package is initialized?  I see that the new Org
>> package directory has been added to load-path.
>
> Put
>
> (package-initialize)
>
> at the very beginning of your .emacs.

Thanks