From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>
Cc: Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hurri@iki.fi>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Volunteering to maintain ob-asymptote.el within Org
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 14:09:57 +1000	[thread overview]

> Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> As this module has never been part of org core, there is considerable
>> work which would need to be done as a prerequisite e.g. updating the
>> manual and adding documentation and examples, adding unit tests
>> etc. Therefore, I don't think there is any need to make a decision on
>> this now.
>
> You are not right.
> ob-asymptote has been moved out of the core after
>
> https://orgmode.org/list/87bl9rq29m.fsf@gnu.org
> Subject: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?
>
> So, we are not talking about adding a new library into the core. Rather
> about a late voice against moving it out.

Interesting. I made that assumption based on the org-contrib git log,
which showed edtries for this module back in 2010.

Still, I don't think that invalidates any of the points I was
making. The module has not been part of core for over 12 months and this
is the first mention of it. I think we should wait 12 months and see how
the maintenance and development of the module goes. After 12 months, if
there is still interest in moving it into core and if it has sufficient
documentation, examples and unit tests, this can be reviewed.