* Anything like org-hide-others/org-close-others?
@ 2009-08-21 17:24 Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2009-08-21 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd like to have an interactive function that will return the entire
buffer to the outline state (all headings closed/folded), and then
reopen the heading at point.

Usually I'm working in one specific location in an org file.  I might
jump around and open a few other headings, then continue working in my
original heading.  At this point, the buffer seems a bit messy with most
headings closed except the one I'm working on and a few others I've
opened.

It would be nice to hit a key and close everything except the heading
I'm in.

Is this something that is already in org and I'm missing it?  If not,
any pointers on how to implement something like this?

Thanks.

--
Peter Jones - 303-219-0226
pmade inc.  - http://pmade.com

* Re: Anything like org-hide-others/org-close-others?
@ 2009-08-23 10:46 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-23 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Jones; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Aug 21, 2009, at 6:24 PM, Peter Jones wrote:

> I'd like to have an interactive function that will return the entire
> buffer to the outline state (all headings closed/folded), and then
> reopen the heading at point.
>
> Usually I'm working in one specific location in an org file.  I might
> jump around and open a few other headings, then continue working in my
> original heading.  At this point, the buffer seems a bit messy with
> most
> headings closed except the one I'm working on and a few others I've
> opened.
>
> It would be nice to hit a key and close everything except the heading
> I'm in.

How about

   S-TAB  C-c C-r

S-TAB goes to overview, and `C-c C-r' reveals the location of point.

If you need in on a single key, write a function that calls
`org-overview' and then `org-reveal'.

@ 2009-08-24 17:33   ` Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2009-08-24 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> S-TAB goes to overview, and `C-c C-r' reveals the location of point.
>
> If you need in on a single key, write a function that calls
> `org-overview' and then `org-reveal'.

Beautiful, thanks!

--
Peter Jones - 303-219-0226