On 2013-10-18 11:36, Nicolas Richard wrote: > Note that using > (let ((coding-system-for-write 'no-conversion)) > (write-region nil nil filename nil nil nil 'confirm)) > instead of > (write-file ...) > seemed to fix the problem for Oleh. Attached is a patch against Nico's url-retrieve-alt which cleans-up some issues w/ the defcustoms and make the interactive version of `org-download-image' prompt for a url instead of attempting to use the clipboard (which kept throwing errors for me). At least in my environment (Chrome -> cygwin emacs on Windows NT),DND doesn't work on windows. It also uses url-parse to get the image file name, as images with cache-busters were failing to download (e.g. http://example.com/image.jpg?20120101). Again, sorry I can't do a branch and pull request, don't have push access to github from here. rick