Hello Eric, This is amazing, actual emacs lisp code from my explanations, thanks a lot! If welcomed, I have a few comments related to how I currently use this function (I have a talk coming soon :-) ) - If all "star" headlines become slides, it quickly leads to awkward layouts with empty slides below one star headings. I made a modification to the code to choose only one star headings as slides. This way, level 2 headings can be used as "in slide" headings. I used an (if (looking-at "^\\* ") XXX) in the preprocess hook for that. - An actual "title page" seems more appropriate, so I added one with "title author date" as h1,h2 and h3 headings. The css need to be tweaked a little bit to get nice results. My modified org-export-as-s5 function is attached.